Roll to Dodge - Altered
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RtD Altered - Happy New year!

+5
RagingSeas
The Dark King
BAM Blind And Mad
Megaprr
The Silent Watcher
9 posters

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down

RtD Altered - Happy New year! - Page 4 Empty Re: RtD Altered - Happy New year!

Post  BAM Blind And Mad Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:07 pm

The images swirling inside my head began to slow and more rotate then flash the pictures have some impact on my mind I start to think I begin to remember how and what is happening. The room begans to form into a picture within my minds eye but it is just out of reach of my mind. I try to stand without getting my balence back I fall back onto my seat aand began to drift off agein but I can still see the outline of the room.

No Role:Half Asleep

Last edited by BAM Blind And Mad on Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
BAM Blind And Mad
BAM Blind And Mad
Head Technician

http://www.rolltododge.net78.net

Back to top Go down

Post  choppedliver Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:32 pm

As I begin wake, I realize the sun is just beginning to rise. I pull myself into a sitting position, and look around. Maarsah is still asleep. As desperate as I am to get drunk, I make myself gulp down more water and find some ripe fruit berries. I realize as I'm washing the sand from my face, I haven't bathed in more than a week. I debate taking a quick bath in the pool, but then decide against it, considering that even more sand'll just get matted into my fur faster while its wet. And I didn't want Maarsah waking up.
He woke up 10 minutes after I did, drinking just a few sips of water, and barely nibbling on the berries. I filled my 'water bottle,' receiving a strange glance from Maarsah, and we left for town.
We walked in silence for the most part. He glanced at his compass from time to time, and changed our direction twice. Around mid-day, the wind picked up a bit, but forced us to take turns walking backwards again.

Not able to bear the silence between the two of us, I decided to ask him something. Never having people skills, I sucked at making conversation. "So.... whats your story?" I asked.
"huh?" He said.
"I told you mine. Where are you from? Have any family? What are you doing on Tartarus?"
He scoffed a bit. "You told me why you were here. You never mentioned your family. Or where you were from - Neviarus, right? Plant-somthing country right?" He raised an eyebrow.
"Plantae Kingdom? And no. I'm from Animalia." He bunched his eyebrows a bit in confusion. "-Where the dog people come from-" I cleared up. I saw his eyes lit up in a subtle smirk. He had only wanted me to tell my story first. It worked. I rolled my eyes an continued.
"My parents and aunt owned a family trading business. I had two older brothers and one younger one. My parents, aunt and older brothers were killed in a house fire when I was 8. And instead of going to an orphanage, I ran away, abandoning my brother to a cub hood of racism, abuse and self loathing. I lived as a hunter and gatherer, only going into small towns to trade stuff after I turned 16. Mostly for booze. Thats it."

He laughed. "A nice little family a kitties, a fire, and a runaway drunkard."
I rolled my eyes. "Now you."
"What?"
"I told you mine. You're turn. Family? Past? Crime?"
He looked at me and sighed. "I was born on Arcana, my parents were powerful and well respected mages at one of the schools, but I was always more interested in technology. You can imagine how that went over with my parents." He rolled his eyes and scoffed. "When I was 14, I stowed away on a shuttle destined for Enigma."
I wasn't really into either, technology or magic, but I did know there has always been a rivalry between Arcana and Enigma.
"Several years later," He continued. "I read in a newspaper that my parents had just assumed I had died, and had pretty well gotten over me. I confronted them, but, uh, well, we got into a fight and I lost. I need surgery to replace the damage they did to my nervous system. I was on my way back from Naturalis, where I was studying stuff for biologically based weapons, My ship was attacked by pirates, and my shuttle crash-landed into the desert here. Thats how I got here."
i cocked my head slightly. "Something like the death of two well respected mages' son would've gotten the attention of news all over, even to me on Naturalis. How long ago was that?" I asked.
He hesitated. "Guess." He almost sounded like he was demanding me to answer.
I shrugged. "I, uh, don't know. Sorry, I guess I didn't account for your age. You're what? 35? I might've still been a cub when that happened."
He sighed. "Your grandparents hadn't been born a that time." He said under his breath.
I stopped walking, suddenly scared for my life. "--What?" I said.
"Damn your cat-like hearing." He said, stopping as well. "I guess you probably should know."
"Know
what? What are you!?" I barked.
"I'm a vampire. My 'death' happened 118 years ago." He said calmly.
Never meeting a vampire other than one time when I was 13, who immediately tried to kill me, I instinctively drew my knife. "I don't really have an issue with this," I clarified as he drew his gun, "unless your intentions are to drink my blood."
He laughed. "No. There were enough killed in my crash to last me weeks, no to mention that lizard you killed for your clothes." He nodded to me.
"I was wearing a potato sack. I needed some kind of armour." I defended myself, putting away my knife.
"Whatever, Steak-knife. Lets keep moving." He continued walking, once again checking his compass.
I took a sip on water and continued on as well, more on guard than ever.

Follow Maarsah to the civilization.

Last edited by choppedliver on Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
choppedliver
choppedliver
Weapons Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  RagingSeas Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:20 pm

In a very unamused mood from not having any sort of sucess. I decide to take a walk around the starport and take in my surrounding to use in case of an emergency, and make a map with landmarks as reference of location.

Last edited by RagingSeas on Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
RagingSeas
RagingSeas

Back to top Go down

Post  Megaprr Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:22 pm

Sad fine..............................

I continue walking in search of answers. Then, an idea comes to my mind that perhaps this ship contains valuable supplies that I could use. I search for containers or other such things that could aid me in my travels. Then, continue walking.
Megaprr
Megaprr

Back to top Go down

Post  VokunKreh Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:43 pm

As the guard walks away, I debate staying inside of my cell and breaking out. I decide to remain incarcerated, because I feel it will allow me to gather information in a more complete way. I call through the wall of my cell to the prisoner beside me, but he just mutters "shut it newbie".
Roll to 'suggest' to the prisoner that I am worth talking to and helping out.
VokunKreh
VokunKreh
RtD Player

Back to top Go down

Post  The Silent Watcher Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:03 pm

Again, keep searching.
The Silent Watcher
The Silent Watcher
Artificial Intelligence

https://rtdaltered.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackstar88 Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:54 pm

After the little incident the night before, we set out in the desert. A little after mid-day, she blurted out about wanting to hear what was my story was. I responded by asking her about hers. She told me her family was killed in a fire, and about her only surviving brother, then once again asked for mine. I looked at her, and told her I was a vampire. I also told her I was born on Arkana and had family issues goring up, but didn't press many details, as she didn't say many of hers. When she pressed further, I told her only my closest friends were now in my past and as of yet I have no friends.

Roll to find civilization

ps, sorry choppedliver, you will have to change some of your post.

Choppedliver: I did not go to the orphanage, I escaped on the ride there. btw, "whent"???? Really? Learn to spell! And sorry I cut out your "and said that by looks she had been giving me since we met she knew I was a vampire" line, I had to read it at least twelve times to begin to make any sense out of it. And PLEASE, by Sithis, LEARN TO USE 'KNOW' AND 'NOW'!!!
Blackstar88
Blackstar88
Bad Speller

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dark King Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:12 pm

The Dark King wrote:

Propose the new rules, and to look for a judge, but ready myself just in case he declines.

Roll: 1

Not only does he not reply, and begins to charge you, but you also are completely unprepared for the charge he made.

BAM wrote:

No Role:Half Asleep

Fair enough. Are you just trying to get out of doing a quality turn?

choppedliver wrote:

Follow Maarsah to the civilization.

See Blackstar's roll for results. You guys have been acting like lemmings for the past several turns. I'm beginning to detect a pattern.

Ragingseas wrote:

I decide to take a walk around the starport and take in my surrounding to use in case of an emergency, and make a map with landmarks as reference of location.

Roll: 6

After making a detailed map of the area, including escape routes and landmarks, you unwittingly walk into the guard house at the spaceport.

Megaprr wrote:

I search for containers or other such things that could aid me in my travels. Then, continue walking.

After scavenging numerous bits of food, and spare parts from nearby containers, you walk into someone. Literally.

Vokunkreh wrote:

Roll to 'suggest' to the prisoner that I am worth talking to and helping out.

Suggestion roll: 79 + 13 = 92

The prisoner looks at you, spits in your direction, then goes back to what he was doing.

The Silent Watcher wrote:

Again, keep searching.

Roll: 3

You find what you were looking for, but not in the way you expected. You walk into him. (Yes, that means you found him.)

Blackstar88 wrote:

Roll to find civilization

As you spot a spaceport in the distance, you realize a) that it is quite a distance away and b) a large sandstorm is blowing your way.

The ECT Tornado lands on Tartarus at the end of the next turn.
The Dark King
The Dark King
Creative Director

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dark King Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:14 pm

Totally unprepared for the charge, I dodge to the left of him, then attack with a kick to his side.
The Dark King
The Dark King
Creative Director

Back to top Go down

Post  BAM Blind And Mad Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:57 pm

finaly waking with a spliting headake I decide the most logical move at the moment would be
To Go Find Brom And Ask About What Has and Is happening
BAM Blind And Mad
BAM Blind And Mad
Head Technician

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackstar88 Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:47 pm

Looking in horror, I see the approaching sandstorm and yell at Vokun to get down and cover her face. We hide behind a nearby sand dune to take shelter from the storm.

Roll is for both me and Vokun to survive the sandstorm unharmed

p.s. yay I'm not last
Blackstar88
Blackstar88
Bad Speller

Back to top Go down

Post  RagingSeas Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:06 pm

Completely surprised at the obliviousness of self, and also somewhat amused. I decide to go out and find a nice back street of the main drag and set up a post to practice with my bolos. Ps: Congrats Blackstar
Your not last! lol!
RagingSeas
RagingSeas

Back to top Go down

Post  Megaprr Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:47 pm

In my search, I accidentally run into a man, he seems rather wary of me. I keep calm and say to him,
"Hi there, I'm looking for some information. I'm afraid I've misplaced the map of the ship, and I don't know where to find a specific room." you don't happen to know where I can find some information on the site do you?" I prepare mentally for a battle in case my words don't work.

"Identify yourself, and perhaps I shall grant your request." He says to me.

"My name is Haelis, I was invited into the site via an unknown message. I'm afraid I don't know what we're looking at. Only that it's something big, on tartarus." I say to him, thinking it was best to maintain a name that I used before.

"Haelis? I don't recall seeing your name as one of my team members. Then again, I've already had one last-minute addition, why not two...My name is Dwiin Rovaan." He says.

"Perhaps It was an unofficial addition, concidering the circumstances of my invitation and my unusual expertise in Arcanian knowledge." I say to him, and then I think to myself, "In truth, What I said wasn't false, I did spend years reading thousands of books in the library..."

"Hm. Very well, then. I'll confirm your...expertise with the local information broker later. As for the expedition, I can't say much without the confirmation from the broker, but we're working with a...rift of some description. Magic in nature, from what I can tell." He returns

I think for a moment... "A rift? Very strange... I've never heard of anything remotely close to a rift in arcana, the most magical planet, let alone Tartarus..... I'll have to word my next few sentences carefully.... "A rift you say? strange... and magic in nature to top it off.... I'm rather curious to find out more. As for your broker, a word of warning... Whatever he may find may not necessarily be the truth. Let's just say I have a history in Arcana that i've tried very hard to keep quiet." again, "It's the truth, I did hide..." I think to myself again, "And not many people know my name.... I did live hundreds of years ago after all..... It's unlikely that people will have heard of me. Especially since I kept a low profile.... The Blue Demon hasn't caused trouble in any towns in the past few years.... "

"We shall see. Your quarters will be with us, in sections A-4." He proceeds to explain

"Good, I look forward to working with you." I say back. Perhaps I should tag along for the ride.... who knows, this so called rift may have something to do with the timeless, which would also link it to my search.

"Let us hope this expedition is a success." He says

"Indeed. In any case, I'll be on my way for now. I'll see you again in a couple of hours, perhaps we can discuss this strange sighting more then. In the meantime, I have some buisness to take care of." I should, however,

"Very well."

I make a mental note of everything I just heard, and then, using my photographic memory, I carve a map into my brain of the hallways that i've wandered so far. After doing so, I walk onwards into the hallways making sure that Dwiin isn't following me. I then begin to search of some sort of mess hall or cafeteria. Where there is food, there is water. And if I have to get in a fight, it would be best to be near water.....

Last edited by Megaprr on Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Megaprr
Megaprr

Back to top Go down

Post  The Silent Watcher Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:58 pm

The Steel Wanderer thought for a moment. This...Haelis is an interesting individual. I should confirm this with Lavhu Do Gein at once...

He's hiding something, that's for certain. We shall see who he is, and if it poses no threat to the mission, I will refrain from eliminating him.

Go to Lavhu Do Gein and inquire about our...guest.

Last edited by The Silent Watcher on Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
The Silent Watcher
The Silent Watcher
Artificial Intelligence

Back to top Go down

Post  choppedliver Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:49 pm

Later in the day, by the direction of the sun, I presumed around 3 or 4, the spaceport came into view on the horizon. Thinking it was just a mirage at first, it wasn't long before Maarsah confirmed my hopes by pointing it out.

Lost in my thoughts about how I would get home once on Enigma, I didn't even realize there was a storm on its way.
"SHIT! Get down Vokun!" He yelled, tearing me from my thoughts and almost carrying me behind a sand dune.
"Is this the best shelter we've got?!" I screamed, suddenly panicking.
"Afraid so! Here it comes, cover your eyes and mouth!" He roared over the noise of the storm.
I pulled the cotton tunic I had been wearing on the prisoner ship out of my pack and covered my whole face with it, lying down in fetal position against the dune. I tucked my tail between my legs, and held it against my chest with my legs. I closed off my ear canals by pressing my ears back as far as they would go. As the sand whipped past us, it tore through my exposed fur, scraping down to my skin. I winced in pain as the Tartarus sand wreaked havoc on me, thinking about Maarsah's unprotected skin made the pain even worse. Barely breathing in fear of inhaling sand, I tensed every muscle in my body and prayed for my life.

Roll is for Maarsah and I to survive the sand storm.

@Blackstar, Thank you for posting first this time!!!!

Last edited by choppedliver on Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
choppedliver
choppedliver
Weapons Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  VokunKreh Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:35 pm

After some deliberation I decide to remain in the cell regardless of my initial failure, because I am confident that information is still ripe for the taking, and I can always escape via shadowmelding if necessary. Looking around my cell I take everything in. There is a small dingy bed, a urinal stand, a decrepit old lamp and a chimney leading up to the roof. Sticking my hand in the chimney, after scaring out a family of rats, I discover that a brick protrudes outwards, and I stash my weapons in the chimney.

Wait and see what happens.
VokunKreh
VokunKreh
RtD Player

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dark King Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:56 am

The Dark King wrote:

Totally unprepared for the charge, I dodge to the left of him, then attack with a kick to his side.

Roll: 5

You successfully dodge to his left, then deliver a swift, solid kick to his side. He is knocked off balance by this, and hits the floor hard.

BAM wrote:

To Go Find Brom And Ask About What Has and Is happening

You locate Brom quickly, and see that he is currently sparring with an unknown opponent, and has the upper hand.

Blackstar88 wrote:

Roll is for both me and Vokun to survive the sandstorm unharmed

Roll: 2

As the sandstorm approaches, you see the sheer magnitude of it. It is huge, a full-blown sand maelstrom. Even though you both are taking cover, you are still buffeted by the winds, and scratched by the sand.

Ragingseas wrote:

I decide to go out and find a nice back street of the main drag and set up a post to practice with my bolos.

You find a secluded spot off the main drag, as well as a post to practice on.

Megaprr wrote:

I make a mental note of everything I just heard, and then, using my photographic memory, I carve a map into my brain of the hallways that i've wandered so far. After doing so, I walk onwards into the hallways making sure that Dwiin isn't following me. I then begin to search of some sort of mess hall or cafeteria. Where there is food, there is water. And if I have to get in a fight, it would be best to be near water.....

You quickly locate a cafeteria, and Dwiin isn't following you.

The Silent Watcher wrote:

Go to Lavhu Do Gein and inquire about our...guest.

Roll: 3

After a brief period of wandering around, you manage to locate the room that Lahvu Do Gein is in.

choppedliver wrote:

Roll is for Maarsah and I to survive the sand storm.

See Blackstar's roll for details.

Vokunkreh wrote:

stash my weapons in the chimney.

Wait and see what happens.

Roll to stash weapons: 5

You quickly stash your weapons without being detected.

The ECT Tornado has landed in the Tartarus spaceport.

Okay, if anyone thinks I fudged the rolls, I didn't. This is what came up. I'm also surprised by this.
The Dark King
The Dark King
Creative Director

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dark King Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:57 am

Seeing that my opponent is currently defenseless, I decide to put him in a submission hold.
The Dark King
The Dark King
Creative Director

Back to top Go down

Post  The Silent Watcher Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:20 pm

Wait for Lahvu Do Gein to finish.
The Silent Watcher
The Silent Watcher
Artificial Intelligence

Back to top Go down

Post  VokunKreh Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:34 am

Well, with that out of the way, I believe it is time to begin information gathering. I sit silently in my cell, listening for the conversation of others and awaiting the return of the guards. Assuming that any return at all.
VokunKreh
VokunKreh
RtD Player

Back to top Go down

Post  RagingSeas Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:24 am

Satisfied that something is going my way for once after having an unsuccessful day, I begin to practice throwing my bolos from a variety of positions.
RagingSeas
RagingSeas

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackstar88 Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:09 pm

With the sandstorm over I check that voken is not hurt and she is not and begin to check my equipment for damage and clean my guns before going of to the Space port i also notice that my partner is looking very impatient so i offer her some of my liquor to occupy her roll to check condition of equipment and clean sand out of my guns

Last edited by Blackstar88 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blackstar88
Blackstar88
Bad Speller

Back to top Go down

Post  BAM Blind And Mad Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:34 pm

I see Brom amid sparing not knowing the exact circumstance of the sparing I try to slide the sling of my gun around so that I end up in optimal position to shoot Brom's opponent between the eyes with no scope required
BAM Blind And Mad
BAM Blind And Mad
Head Technician

Back to top Go down

Post  Megaprr Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:39 pm

I look around for any sinks or water fountains to find a fridge with water bottles. I take a few with me and then proceed to look around for anything else that might come in handy, such as alcoholic beverages or other non-suspicious flammable fluids. Afterwards, I look around for anyone who might be watching or interested in a conversation. If I find that someone, I sit down and begin in conversation.
Megaprr
Megaprr

Back to top Go down

Post  choppedliver Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:14 am

As the sound of the storm died down, and I began to hear Maarsah moving around, I removed my tunic face-sheild. He was cleaning out the sand from his guns, and what seemed to be putting some kind of black tar-like substance in them. I inspected myself for injuries. I was okay, but the sand had matted itself into my fur like nits. I sighed and shook my head fiercely to get the sand out. I walked away from Maarsah to shake my whole body free of the worst of the sand.

When he finished, He stood up and told me we should get going. I nodded in response, and se headed towards the space port.

No roll
choppedliver
choppedliver
Weapons Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next