Roll to Dodge - Altered
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RtD Altered - Happy New year!

+5
RagingSeas
The Dark King
BAM Blind And Mad
Megaprr
The Silent Watcher
9 posters

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down

RtD Altered - Happy New year! - Page 2 Empty Re: RtD Altered - Happy New year!

Post  Blackstar88 Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:24 pm

After the long day, I set up camp and try and rest. But I know it is not safe, so I take a sip of wine and check my supplies for and food.
Role is check for any food to eat
Blackstar88
Blackstar88
Bad Speller

Back to top Go down

Post  RagingSeas Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:59 pm

Curiosity now piqued with the newfound crystal he attempts to find some sort of knowledge store such as a library or bookstore in the surrounding area.
RagingSeas
RagingSeas

Back to top Go down

RtD Altered - Happy New year! - Page 2 Empty Turn 3 - Prepare for Takeoff

Post  The Silent Watcher Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:48 pm

The Dark King - 4 wrote:Sheathe sword after pulling it to myself carefully, and extinguish flames. Walk towards the shuttle.

The sword is effortlessly returned to you, and you dissipate the Flames spell. You walk towards the shuttle, and get on.

The Silent Watcher - 1 wrote:Do not cast Barrier, relax and follow.

"I have a dossier on you as well, Lahvu Do Gein. Though, I presume it is not as...accurate as yours.

If you know so much about me, you would know not to incite my wrath. I'm not exactly on good terms with mages.

At any rate, may I see that dossier? I am curious to know how much information you have on me.

As for our schedule, our main transport is still refueling, to the best of my knowledge. Bring your friend. He can fix his weapon onboard."

You do not cast Barrier, and enter the ship.

Megaprr - 4 wrote:I extend both my hands and strike the ground, using the entire room floor and walls as an extension of my magic. slowly, I begin pulling up as one would when trying to make a sand castle's towers.

Minor Action - 3: I look around to see if there are any items worth taking.

Hydrokinesis (70,20) - Willpower: 83+5-20 + Roll of 23 = 91

You call forth more power, using the more familiar form of hydrokinesis to call water towards you. After a few seconds, you have a roughly volleyball-sized ball of water.

+2 Water XP

Minor Action: You find a few pieces of scrap, and a bit of money.

+2 Small Scrap, +10$

VokunKreh - 1 wrote:I search through the swirling sands in yet another attempt to find shadow enough to travel through

Again, failure meets you. The sand appears to be unending, with no shadow in sight.

A particularily strong gust of wind sends the razor-edged sand into your face.

VokunKreh - 3 VS Sand - 1

However, you simply cover your face for a moment and emerge unscathed.

BAM Blind And Mad - 3 wrote:fix stuff IF NOT take on ship

You get on the ship. Your rifle is easy to fix, with the assistance of a tool Dwiin Rovaan gives you. You return it.

choppedliver - 3+1=4 wrote:Ready dagger for defence, stay hidden in shallow ditch and wait for the upright being to approach. Move is to see if being is potential friend, or a foe.

After you obtain some basic items from the corpse (covered by Survivalist), along with a bit of basic armor to cover you from the sands, you hear someone as you are attempting to sleep. Drawing your dagger, you hide.

NPC Perception Check (160, 60): 68 + Roll of 48 = 116

You are not seen, and you move in closer to check.

Due to your roleplaying, you may describe the individual.

RagingSeas - 6 wrote:he attempts to find some sort of knowledge store such as a library or bookstore in the surrounding area.

You run around the settlement, pushing people out of your way to...yeah, that probably wasn't a good idea.

Charisma Check (120, 40) - 52 + Roll of 82 = 134

Thankfully, you find a simple library without incident. You might be able to identify the crystal there, with a bit of luck.

---

The shuttle on the Arcana Plains leaves for the spaceport. It will take one turn to arrive, and the ECT Tornado will leave in 3 turns.
The Silent Watcher
The Silent Watcher
Artificial Intelligence

https://rtdaltered.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dark King Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:33 am

As I walk towards the shuttle, I begin smiling. "I apologize for my earlier behaviour, but I hadn't been told who was coming to get us. As you have already stated, my name is Lahvu Do Gein, but most people call me Brom," As I walk past Dwiin Rovaan, I take on a more serious tone. "At this point, you should be more interested with what I can find out about you, not what I know. Don't let it bother you. Plus, even if I showed you the dossier, you wouldn't be able to understand it." I immediately brighten up, and walk into the shuttle. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I would like to meditate on our way to the ship. Helps me concentrate."

Once on the shuttle, I sit in a cross-legged position and empty my mind to reflect on the day's events. All the while I keep my body aware of my surroundings.
The Dark King
The Dark King
Creative Director

Back to top Go down

Post  BAM Blind And Mad Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:45 pm

While fixing my gun I take note of the interior of the shuttle noting exits and escape routes I also take note of where everybody else on the shuttle is as I return the tool to Dwiin Rovaan I begin to start a conversation that soon becomes more like an interagation of what he knows of the mission and any other members involved

Interagate Dwiin Rovaan for info on mission
BAM Blind And Mad
BAM Blind And Mad
Head Technician

http://www.rolltododge.net78.net

Back to top Go down

Post  RagingSeas Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:39 am

I start searching for a book that may have the answer I seek.
RagingSeas
RagingSeas

Back to top Go down

Post  The Silent Watcher Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:49 pm

"We're investigating some rift in the volcanic regions of Tartarus. I found out about it from my expeditions in the depths of Enigma, and reported my findings to various government agencies. We've been tasked to find out the nature of this rift, and find out what properties it possesses that allow it to disrupt all communications in the region."

Dwiin Rovaan paused.

"I do know more about it than the Arcana government, of course, but not much more. It's some kind of dimensional rift, and I'm not quite certain what's on the other side.

And before you ask, yes, we're going through it. My findings have pointed towards a relatively safe passing."
The Silent Watcher
The Silent Watcher
Artificial Intelligence

Back to top Go down

Post  Megaprr Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:00 pm

I hear some voices coming from the hallways. Curious to know what or who else is on this ship, I decide to peek around. I take my sphere of newly found water, and thin it out, more and more until it reaches the width of a small wire (comparable to the wire usually found in apple earbuds.). I extend slip it underneath the door and extend my conciousness through it. Then, I "open" my eyes and ears as if I was an ant at the tip of the wire.
Megaprr
Megaprr

Back to top Go down

Post  VokunKreh Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:12 am

As I move forward I ponder as to exactly how prisoners are transported to and from this supposed "main prison", which leads to the eventual disturbing thought that I have somehow been tricked or misled I continue to walk onwards, occasionally glancing at my tome but mostly just placing foot in front of foot in front of foot.
VokunKreh
VokunKreh
RtD Player

Back to top Go down

Post  choppedliver Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:54 pm

As the figure came closer, it became clear he was some kind of human, just a little taller than me. I jumped out from the ditch and demanded his name and business. I caught him completely off guard, and he drew his gun, demanding my name. I sighed. I was never good at making friends, and now when it mattered the most, I had almost gotten my head blown off. I hate guns. I put my dagger back in my boot.

"I am Vokun Kaal. Who are you?" I said.
"Tahrodiis Maarsah." He responded, putting his gun away.
That was quite a mouthful of a name. but I made no comment, scared I would offend him. Every fibre of my body was getting a really bad vibe from him, urging me to just run.
"What are you doing here? On Tartarus?" He asked cautiously.
"I'm a prisoner. I accidentally killed a guy for trying to rape me while I was drunk."
He gave me a very odd look, but didn't seemed to be afraid. "Okay......" He started slowly. "What do you want from me?"
I had to think about what to say. "I was hoping you were familiar with the area. I have no idea where I am or if there's anything but barren desert."
He scoffed. "Are you good with a weapon? Or just that steak knife?"
I pulled my ears back, fighting the urge to bare my teeth and growl as he smirked at me. "I'm an archer. I wasn't able to sneak a bow onto the prisoner ship."
"hmmm." He said, lighting a fire in my make-shift fire pit. "Have you ever fired a gun?"
"No."
He nodded, just as the first flames began to flicker in the dry grass, showing his extremely pale skin. "I'm heading into town. I'm going to find a way off this planet and back to Enigma. You're welcome to join me."
"Th-that would be great." I jumped at the chance to join him. "I don't know how you feel about it, but I do have some - uh- meat. Its not exactly animal food, but..." I began to offer him some of the leftover Rypklup, and he jump at the opportunity for food. His teeth, canines to be exact, were long for any human. It made me jump.
As he finished, he began to smother the fire and lie down on the sand. "You'd best get some shut eye, then. It'll be a long day tomorrow."
I nodded. I lied back down in my ditch, and attempted to sleep, now scared of what my new ally might be planning to do to me as I slept.

All I knew was he was no normal human....

Try to sleep through the night.
choppedliver
choppedliver
Weapons Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackstar88 Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:57 am

As I walked through the dark desert, a cat person suddenly jumped out of the shadows with a knife, demanding my name. I drew one of my pistols, demanding her name, and thought about how much I hate this planet. I noticed that she had not meant to start the meeting with hostilities, and began to think that she might not be all bad. She answered my question, her name was Vokun Kaal.

I told her mine, and she sheathed her dagger and I lowered my gun. I asked her why she was on tartarus, she said she had drunkenly killed a guy who tried to rape her.
So, she can handle herself. I thought. But at the moment, she looked very nervous. If she does know my secret, this might not be a very long lasting partnership.
I asked her what she wanted with me. She said that she hoping that I knew the area. I changed the subject, asking her if she was good with a weapon and sarcasticly remarked about her dagger. She was clearly not amused, as her ears were pulled back and she glared at me. She claimed she was an archer.
Noticing the fire-pit at her feet, I began to build and start a fire, and asked her if she had ever used a gun. She said no.
I told her I was heading into town and was trying to get off this planet and offered for her to join me. She stammered that she would join me she then offered me some meat, from the smell I assumed it was from one of those lizard people. I wondered how she got it, but knew that beggers cannot be choosers, and took the meat and ate it. After the meal, I told her that she best get some sleep as I put out the fire, lied down on the sand and fell asleep.

There is not a role this turn
Blackstar88
Blackstar88
Bad Speller

Back to top Go down

Post  The Silent Watcher Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:28 pm

The Dark King - 3 wrote:Once on the shuttle, I sit in a cross-legged position and empty my mind to reflect on the day's events. All the while I keep my body aware of my surroundings.

You quietly reflect on what happened today. It's fairly obvious Dwiin Rovaan doesn't like mages, and you think it might be a better idea to prepare for future events.

BAM Blind And Mad - N/A wrote:Interagate Dwiin Rovaan for info on mission

Dwiin Rovaan answers your questions. They are in a previous post - Just look on page 3.

RagingSeas - 1 wrote:I start searching for a book that may have the answer I seek.

Unfortunately, you find nothing.

Well, you find that you were thrown out of the library for knocking down a few bookshelves, but...

Dwiin Rovaan - N/A wrote:No Action

You answer a few questions. Page 3

Megaprr - 5 wrote:I "open" my eyes and ears as if I was an ant at the tip of the wire.

Hydrokinesis (70,20) - Willpower: 83+5-20 + Roll of 94 = 152

You discover that the ECT Tornado is heading to Tartarus, for an unspecified purpose. The voices you hear are obviously maintenance crews, fixing things up and cleaning.

+2 Water XP

VokunKreh - 3+1=4 wrote:I continue to walk onwards, occasionally glancing at my tome but mostly just placing foot in front of foot in front of foot.

You continue walking, while reading your tome occasionally. You figure out a few things. Theory, mostly, but you can apply it.

+4 Darkness XP

choppedliver and Blackstar88 - 6 wrote:Try to sleep through the night.

You sleep. When you wake up, you discover that it's already midday. And it's windy.

Random Event on Tartarus? 2 - Nothing happens.

The shuttle arrives at the Arcana spaceport. The ECT Tornado will leave in 2 turns.

---

Was a bit pressed for time. Check for mistakes. Updating status sheets now.
The Silent Watcher
The Silent Watcher
Artificial Intelligence

Back to top Go down

Post  Megaprr Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:12 pm

"Tartarus?" I wonder, "Why would they send a fully equipped ship with a large crew to a prison? What did they find on that god forsaken hell-hole...."
Interested in answers, I decide to leave my room.
"I'll have to play this right, If I'm not to be caught." I think to myself.
"Although, They are engineers..... they probably don't know who is supposed to be on and who isn't. Perhaps the acting lessons I took during my scholar years will help me with this."

I tie up my long blue hair into a pony tail, fix up my clothes to look more formal, and put on a straight, official expression.

I walk out of my room and look around for any engineers. If there are any, I ask them in the best "commanding officer" voice I can muster, "Why is there water in the cargo hold? It's dangerous to leave water unattended during space-flight. See to it that someone cleans that up. wow. this inspection is not doing very well at all for a ship like this. going to Tartarus is not an easy trip you know. everything has to be right, or else there are serious consequences. I'll be sure to put this on my inspection report." If there aren't any, I walk the halls until I can find stairs going up to the passengers deck.
Megaprr
Megaprr

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dark King Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:35 pm

Opening my eyes after my meditation, I decide to join in the conversation. "Okay, so the "portal" or "rift" is open in a volcanic area of the planet. Do we know what the basis of the portal is? Is it magic based, is it tech based? What about power? Maybe the geothermal energy of the ground is the power source for the portal, and the reason it's still open." While rambling, I pull my bag towards me with telekinesis, and pull out my notebook, ready to record what I know. Looking at Dwiin Rovaan, I ask, "Is there anything else about this trip that I need to know? Other members of the expedition, transport, supplies? It would help me plan better."

Pull bag towards me with telekinesis, then take out my notebook.
The Dark King
The Dark King
Creative Director

Back to top Go down

Post  RagingSeas Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:13 pm

Saddened and grumpy for being throw out of the store, I go to carefully pick my way to see if there are any jewelers or people with similar geological knowledge about in the city.
RagingSeas
RagingSeas

Back to top Go down

Post  BAM Blind And Mad Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:00 am

starting to question the openess of Dwiin Rovaan I continue to question him about the rift if with a little less fire and agreesion Brom soon becomes involved in the conversation taking place leaving Staadnau Sivaas some time to reflect on the information he has just recived not being able to focus on this for too long Staadnau Sivaas decides to make himself a drink at the makeshift bar in the corner of the room
BAM Blind And Mad
BAM Blind And Mad
Head Technician

http://www.rolltododge.net78.net

Back to top Go down

Post  VokunKreh Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:11 pm

Option A)
I trudge onwards, wondering exactly how far this prison camp could possibly be and if I have become truly lost, when I spot a faint but undeniably humanoid figure in the distance, scuffling around. Attempt to reach and contact creature

Option B ) [If I am not allowed to do that...]
I walk forwards, wondering how far this prison camp could be from me, and if my efforts are being wasted. Continue searching for prison camp, pore over my tome of darkness occasionally.
VokunKreh
VokunKreh
RtD Player

Back to top Go down

Post  choppedliver Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:35 pm

As the strange man (whose full name I had already forgotten) and I woke, the sun was already at its highest point in the sky. I suddenly felt scared, and I felt my body for signs of injury. It felt like everything was in place. I dared to sit up, the brightness of the sun blinding me for a short second, and reassured myself that nothing was wrong with me.

Nibbling off what was left of the Rypklup meat, he said we should head out. I merely nodded and stood up with him.

"Do you know which way we're going?" I asked, regretting it, worried I might've offended him.
"Pffft. Of course!" He huffed, pulling a compass out of his pocket. He spun it around in his hand for a while, before letting it lie up-side down in his left palm. "That way." And pointed in what seemed to be a random direction.
I had no choice but to follow him.

Follow Maarsah towards what is hopefully the town with a spaceport
choppedliver
choppedliver
Weapons Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackstar88 Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:39 am

After the meeting with Vokun Kaal, I woke up mid day, annoyed that I had slept in. I reminded her we had to go. We had the remainder of that lizard-person meat for breakfast.
I took out my compass to confirm our direction and left camp, all the while thinking to myself about how she always looked so nervous.

Roll is to go off in the direction of the spaceport
Blackstar88
Blackstar88
Bad Speller

Back to top Go down

Post  The Silent Watcher Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:30 am

"I'm fairly certain that the portal is magic in nature, though who knows? The computers on Enigma don't have much information on it."
The Silent Watcher
The Silent Watcher
Artificial Intelligence

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dark King Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:42 pm

Megaprr wrote:

I walk out of my room and look around for any engineers. If there are any, I ask them in the best "commanding officer" voice I can muster, "Why is there water in the cargo hold? It's dangerous to leave water unattended during space-flight. See to it that someone cleans that up. wow. this inspection is not doing very well at all for a ship like this. going to Tartarus is not an easy trip you know. everything has to be right, or else there are serious consequences. I'll be sure to put this on my inspection report." If there aren't any, I walk the halls until I can find stairs going up to the passengers deck.

Roll to find engineers: 2

None are found. You begin to walk the halls looking for the passenger deck.

Roll to find passenger deck: 4

You are able to locate the passenger deck after some searching.

The Dark King wrote:

Pull bag towards me with telekinesis, then take out my notebook.

Roll: 4

You successfully pull the bag towards you, then retrieve the notebook.

Ragingseas wrote:

I go to carefully pick my way to see if there are any jewelers or people with similar geological knowledge about in the city.

Roll: 3

You find that there are no jewelers, or geologists in the town, but there is a pawn shop nearby.

BAM wrote:

I continue to question him about the rift if with a little less fire and agreesion

Roll: 2

You see that he didn't answer your questions after Brom started questioning him. You mix yourself a drink at the bar in the corner.

Items gained: Zombie (X1) (Yes, that is an actual drink)

VokunKreh wrote:

Attempt to reach and contact creature. Continue searching for prison camp, pore over my tome of darkness occasionally.

Roll: 1

Not only does the creature not respond to you, but it vanishes, like a mirage.

Roll: 1

You continue searching for the prison camp, but to no avail. Sand blows into your Tome of Shadow, obscuring some of the text.

choppedliver wrote:

Follow Maarsah towards what is hopefully the town with a spaceport

No roll to be made. See Blackstar's turn for results.

Blackstar88 wrote:

Roll is to go off in the direction of the spaceport

Roll: 3

You head off in the general direction of the spaceport, with Vokun Kaal following behind you.

The Silent Wanderer wrote:

No action taken.

The ECT Tornado leaves at the end of the next turn. It arrives at the Tartarus spaceport in 4 turns.

Last edited by The Dark King on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Dark King
The Dark King
Creative Director

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dark King Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:48 pm

After questioning what Dwiin said about the rift, and recording that in the notebook, I notice that the shuttle has landed beside our primary transport. I decide to move my possessions onto the ECT Tornado. I then search the ship, getting to know the crew and passengers. I then look for a library-like room, one where spell books would be kept, as well as Staadnau Sivaas, to see how well he's doing.

Look for spell books first, and Staadnau second after putting my stuff in my room.
The Dark King
The Dark King
Creative Director

Back to top Go down

Post  The Silent Watcher Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:31 pm

The Steel Wanderer went to his private quarters. On the way there, he thought he heard something.

Perception Check - Locate Megaprr's Character
The Silent Watcher
The Silent Watcher
Artificial Intelligence

Back to top Go down

Post  Megaprr Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:07 pm

seriously? metagaming much?
I walk up the stairs confidently as if I was a part of the crew, and I had every right to be there. In the halls, I walk towards the rooms to see if any are open. If any of them are, proceed to check if there is anyone inside. If all of them are locked, continue on in search of a meeting room or a foyer.
Megaprr
Megaprr

Back to top Go down

Post  The Silent Watcher Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:40 pm

We discussed this, dude. I've got one of the higher perceptions.

Hence, perception check.
The Silent Watcher
The Silent Watcher
Artificial Intelligence

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next