Roll to Dodge - Altered
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doomsday Improv

5 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Doomsday Improv - Page 4 Empty Re: Doomsday Improv

Post  The Silent Watcher Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:33 am

-POV: Sentinel-

Completely unaffected by the fire, Sentinel jumps right over the tail, nearly hitting the ceiling above him, and lands in the same crouched position. He stands back up.

"I cannot move unnaturally fast. My reaction times, however, are more than sufficient to dodge your attacks." He spoke with the same calm voice, but slightly louder, so he could be heard over the fire.

-POV: Nimue-

Nimue shrugged. "North? I don't really remember any locations..."

-OOC-

Referring to Sentinel with male pronouns. It's annoying to constantly refer to your character as "it." also because before sentinel became a suit of armor he was a male human whoops spoilers
The Silent Watcher
The Silent Watcher
Artificial Intelligence

https://rtdaltered.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Touch of Ruin Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:37 am

POV: Zetsubō

"Good, I dont have to eat you. Now what should we do?"

POV: Lyra.

"We can go North if you'd like. Grab whatever you need and we can go."
Touch of Ruin
Touch of Ruin
Professional Racist Douchebag

Back to top Go down

Post  The Silent Watcher Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:42 am

"We should look around. Have you identified this facility yet? It is not present in what few memories I possess." Sentinel looked around, seeing an interesting combination of items. Advanced computers lined the walls, countless monitors, all offline. However, chains hung from the ceiling, and a number of items more fitting of medieval times were present around the room, such as a variety of swords.

There were two doors leading out of the room, both made of what appears to be steel. There was a workstation separate from the computers on the walls, powered on, awaiting a password.

Nimue smiled. "I'm all ready to go!" She picked up her bag, and folded it up. Her face could easily be described as ^_^
The Silent Watcher
The Silent Watcher
Artificial Intelligence

Back to top Go down

Post  Touch of Ruin Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:56 am

"No I havent. Truthfully ive been to busy breaking things. Let me scan a couple of these terminals. And by the way, you dont have any memories. Nor do I."
Walking over to one of the terminal banks, I scan the entire row. 
"Ah, here we go. The facility is called 15AERA. And it looks like we arent the only subjects."

POV: Lyra

Looking at Nimue, I cant help but smile myself. She seems so young and free. This might actually turn out to be an enjoyable trip.

"Lets see if you can keep up."
And with that, I ran full sprint up a tree and started jumping through the branches heading north.

OOC: BAM, feel free to throw some "subjects" at despair and sentinel.
Touch of Ruin
Touch of Ruin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Silent Watcher Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:16 am

"Our names are within my memories. I wonder, were we created here, transformed here, or simply stored here?"

He walks up to the workstation, and tries a password. It doesn't work.

"It appears that, unlike our names, I cannot recall a password...judging by your appearance, I'd suggest we were transformed from some other form into what we are now."

Nimue sprinted after Lyra, on the ground rather than the trees, a smile on her face as she ran through the forest. She expertly jumped over roots, rocks, and other miscellaneous obstructions and kept up with Lyra with surprising ease.

-OOC-

@BAM Test subjects are ok. Make them primarily cybernetic or robotic, we have plans for the origins of this facility too, so please don't go there.

ITT [In This Topic]: Touch of Ruin And The Silent Watcher Hijack The Entire RP Because Nobody Else Is Posting
The Silent Watcher
The Silent Watcher
Artificial Intelligence

Back to top Go down

Post  BAM Blind And Mad Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:23 pm

---Some unknown place in time and space---
"Now that is interesting." the man said thoughtfully as he looked at a letter he had just received, already putting it at the front of his memory. Admittedly it had cost him an arm a leg and about half his entire life savings, and half of 10 000 000 000 000.00$ wasn't exactly something to sneeze at, after all he was for a while the richest man. "time to plan, I suppose" The man said with a grin growing across his face but still in his usual calm and thoughtful voice.

---Some Unknown Woods---
What was that? Nibel thought. He had crouched into a position ready to run, what would have seemed to have been at the exact same instant as a noise had reached his ears. Nibel had always been like this, nimble, quick, agile and the fastest reaction time in New York a lot of people said. Nibel had always taken it as a bad thing to have. Another noise and Nibel began to run, he passed a tree, then another and another and another. Running his top speed moving through the forest at amazing speeds and what had taken him days previous had only taken him hours to run out, he burst out of the forest running at a speed of almost 38 Km/hour. He was in a diffrent clearing that he had come in at though.

--Some Facility Somewhere---
"OUCH!!!!" it/he/she exclaimed. it burned it's/hes/her vision even though it's/his/her eyes were not open. It/he/she couldn't feel anything "different" though it didn't really know what different was. it/he/she heard a slight humming once more which mad it/he/she try to open it's/his/her eyes again. It flashed once more but it didn't burn so much and there were readable words and images this time in the flash, heart rate with some kind of graph, internal and external temperature with a number below it, brain activity with a graph below it. It/he/she tried to think what all this was on it's/his/her vision but the more it/he/she thought the more it/he/she began to get a headache.    

--OOC---

I didn't have that much to post directly influencing your characters so I hope this is alright

I tried to make Nibel's speed somewhat realistic http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2013-05/fyi-there-limit-how-fast-human-can-run 
BAM Blind And Mad
BAM Blind And Mad
Head Technician

http://www.rolltododge.net78.net

Back to top Go down

Post  The Silent Watcher Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:38 pm

-OOC-

Blackstar88, if you don't respond to my character's actions soon, I will retcon your character out of that situation until you post, in which case you will have to redo your RPing with that character.

Because seriously, it's been forever.

A Dragon Ball Z battle is shorter, goddamnit.

A sound was heard through one of the doors, the sound of someone shouting, in apparent pain. Sentinel turned towards the noise.

"Sounds like we're not alone."

He readied his sword, walking towards the door.
The Silent Watcher
The Silent Watcher
Artificial Intelligence

Back to top Go down

Post  BAM Blind And Mad Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:21 pm

---Some Facility Somewhere---
it/he/she attempted to move its/his/her legs. That was weird it worked but it was "different"  it was almost as if half its/his/her legs had been cut off. and what was with these thoughts they seemed almost strange and well... bizarre like thinking in some sort of other language, that it/he/she know but couldn't remeber learning or knowing before. what was before? what is meant by this word.
BAM Blind And Mad
BAM Blind And Mad
Head Technician

Back to top Go down

Post  Touch of Ruin Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:52 pm

"No, it appears we are not old friend. Why don't we go see what all the noise is about?"

With claws fully extended and  fire in my eyes,  I walk towards the door ready for a fight.

----------------------------

Looking back I am delighted and surprised to see the young girl is able to keep up with my speed. Dropping out of the tree I land in front of her and smile.

"We are almost there. Do you need a break?"
Touch of Ruin
Touch of Ruin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Silent Watcher Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:59 pm

Sword in hand, Sentinel moved up to the door. It was, of course, locked.

The massive sword he held was raised, and thrust into the lock itself, piercing the steel, shattering it. Sentinel followed this up by kicking the door open, revealing the room on the other side.

The subject, the source of the noise, was in the center.

Nimue looked towards Lyra, still smiling. "Just a drink!" She reached into her bag, and pulled out a glass, but there was no water. A stream was just past a few trees, and she stood over it.

The symbol on her bracelet started glowing blue. Clean water simply lifted itself up out of the stream and into the glass.
The Silent Watcher
The Silent Watcher
Artificial Intelligence

Back to top Go down

Post  BAM Blind And Mad Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:21 am

Why was it so hard to get good help these days, the man thought immediately after firing his fourth butler in two weeks. He was not a harsh or snobbish or even expectant man to his own knowledge but he did ask the butlers to keep his space his. He just didn't understand how they all couldn't understand this one simple rule.

A few days later the man sat on the porch to his mansion thinkking of the telephone call he had just recieved. A job offering as a strategist, they said no one else would do. The man had been so focused on his project for the past two months he had almost forgot about his submissions for jobs. It wasn't like he needed a job, but he in enjoyed the work he liked planing and scheming it was what he had done every opertunity he got since he was a kid. The man pondered for a few more hours just sitting there thinking. The man
was not a dumb man he knew that if he took this job it would be the end of his search and conquest over well.... that was secret.

---Some Unknown Woods---
I need to find that city, Nibel thought. "I can't be that far" Nibel muttered to himself. Nibel started back into the forest in a somewhat east bound direction from where he had come out and began once more for the search for the city

--Some Facility Somewhere---
There was something else there it/he/she could sense it. But how and why could it/he/she sense it, a memory of a sent ran through its/his/her mind and the noise of a diffrent language "master" flashed through the memory but what was and had it/he/she been it/she/he had seemed very close to the ground almost as if crawling.
BAM Blind And Mad
BAM Blind And Mad
Head Technician

Back to top Go down

Post  Touch of Ruin Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:25 am

Walking through the door I see a... a thing, I really dont know what it is, chained up the middle of the room.
"Uh Sentinel? What the hell is that?"
Touch of Ruin
Touch of Ruin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Silent Watcher Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:56 am

Sentinel observed the strange cybernetic creation before him. It appeared to be a hybrid of wolf and machine, clearly intelligent enough for coherent thoughts. A solid 70% of it was mechanical, and it was likely that, when it recovered from coming out of stasis, it would be considerably faster and stronger than it appeared.

"I'm not certain. It is clearly another subject here."

Sentinel turned towards the creature.

"Can you speak?"
The Silent Watcher
The Silent Watcher
Artificial Intelligence

Back to top Go down

Post  BAM Blind And Mad Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:02 pm

---Some Facility Somewhere---
It/he/she had been asked something. but why? who was this, voice? was it there to hurt it/him/her? a moment passed without a word from it/him/her but then all at once it/he/she tried to pounce, springing up in the air, with what could only be interpreted as cybernetic claws out stretched. However it/he/she had been securely tightened to the center of the room for exactly this reason, so after the first jolt backwards a couple milliseconds in it/he/she realized it was futile and that what ever had entered the room had the power in this situation, so it/he/she attempted to speak, but with the way it/he/she was it simply came out sounding like a lot of coughing and retching including a little hissing and a bit of a bark and snarl.

This other man irritated him, he didn't know when to keep his bloody trap shut. *phone ringing* "Hello" I said when I picked up the phone. "They killed him, those fucking assholes, Ralugh, they fucking killed him. can you give me air coverage when I shot the fuckers? and if by some fucking merical those fuckers escape promise me you will cut them down till they are fucking dead, D,E,A,D, fucking dead. you understand!?!" A man in some deress but not uncontrollably, said on the other end. "slow down, who is this first off, you know me, thats a good thing." I say trying to calm the situation down. "Its me, Howard Deltinson, you know the sniper" Howard says. "Didn't you take the week off for a wedding or something?" I ask as soon as I recognize him. "yes, what the hell do you think I was talking about!" Howard shouted a little in my ear. "I'm not entirely sure..." I say giving it some thought. "They killed the couple to be you idiot. They bombed the whole fucking town. now you give me air coverage or after I am done with them I will come for you." Howard said ominously as he hung up the phone. "Who was that?" the irritating man asked. "Howard" I respond shortly deep in thought.
BAM Blind And Mad
BAM Blind And Mad
Head Technician

Back to top Go down

Post  Touch of Ruin Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:59 pm

Seeing the creature lung, I growl and wait to attack.
"What should we do friend?"

Staring at her, I back up and draw my trench knives.
"What the hell was that?"
Touch of Ruin
Touch of Ruin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Silent Watcher Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:00 pm

The massive suit of armor paused for a moment.

"Be ready. If it attacks, annihilate it. If not, we shall wait."

Nimue almost panicked, but still managed to drop the glass. It fell to the ground and shattered.

"I-I-I...don't know...!

It just felt natural!"

EDIT:

-POV: Character 1-

Time seemed to stop as the man waited for the cybernetic officer's response.

"If it helps you decide, Robocop, know that these weapons are set to detonate if I die."

-OOC-

@Blackstar88 Two things. 1) Hurry up. 2) Remember, he does have an antimatter bullet in there. 3) Is he bluffing? Maybe. Maybe not.

A better question to ask would be "Would this man make antimatter bullets that are set to detonate if he dies?"
The Silent Watcher
The Silent Watcher
Artificial Intelligence

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackstar88 Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:23 am

Second character: with a blink I teleport behind you with blade a hair width from your flesh " now what" I ask " you move I kill you and is it really worth it killing them because in the end you will die a is that really accomplishing any thing wow a few people die and you die for nothing so if I were you I would drop the gun and get on you knees because do you really think you are faster than me so try and fly and I'll be waiting so for the last        time put down your weapon and submit or then things start getting messy"
Blackstar88
Blackstar88
Bad Speller

Back to top Go down

Post  The Silent Watcher Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:35 am

-POV: Character 1-

He smirked.

Three seconds passed.

Out of nowhere, an immense force was exerted upon the robocop, wrapping around the flying man. The robocops' knife is torn from his hand, not harming the man, whereas the robocop was hurled forcibly to the ground, a solid fifty meters beneath him.

"You aren't the first person to try that, my friend. Would you rather have people, including yourself, die for no reason other than a simple misunderstanding? I'm prepared to die at a moments' notice."

He pauses, then lowers his weapon, then puts it in a satchel marked with the symbol for infinity.

"I will cooperate, on a few conditions. I can tell you of who truly destroyed that town. I only killed one man, to my knowledge, and that was in self defense. After all, hitting a sniper at long range is rather difficult.

My conditions are simple. I am unharmed, and I keep my items. I will allow myself to be imprisoned for twenty four hours. No more. During that time, I'll happily provide you with details. What do you get out of this, robocop? A saved town, and the truth. What do I get out of this? That's for you to find out."

The smirk never left his face.

"Oh, and by the way, don't try that again. It won't end well for you. I know that fall won't harm you at all, but let's just say that was hardly my most powerful defense."

The cybernetic police officer notices something on his finger start shining. A ring, with what looks like a sizable ruby set in it. He glances down at it, raises an eyebrow, then resumes looking at you.

-OOC-

No seriously don't try that again. It really won't end well for you.

And seriously, if you say something like "I teleport behind you and shoot you in the back of the head with a shotgun" it'll be much worse than what I've planned. For one, it won't work, and not because of my little rule regarding godmodding [which that technically is]. Let's just say it will end in your character being instantly obliterated. And my character will be fine. Not because of godmodding, because of something I've established with BAM.

...At least I think I told BAM about it.

EDIT: Yeah, I did. Touch of Ruin was there, too.
The Silent Watcher
The Silent Watcher
Artificial Intelligence

Back to top Go down

Post  Touch of Ruin Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:01 am

"Natural eh? Who would find anything natural about making water bend to their will? Unless..."
Replacing one of my knives, I reach over and grab her arm and twist her back to me. Then I cut a section of her shirt open abover her left shoulder. Sitting there is a tattoo. Stepping back, I look at her in slight shock.
"You are one of the four."

------- ------

"I dont like it friend. I dont like it at all."

OOC: for anyone who cares what the tattoo looks like, heres the link. http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101117062736/fma/images/3/3b/The_Grand_Arcanum.jpg
Touch of Ruin
Touch of Ruin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Silent Watcher Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:06 am

Nimue stepped back upon her shirt being cut, even if it was just minor. The clothing was obviously enchanted, as it slowly began stitching itself back together.

"O-one of the four?

She looked at the tattoo, then back to Lyra.

"Nor do I, but it doesn't appear hostile. If it is, I'm certain we can...dispose of it."

One could almost see a faint glimmer across the sword Sentinel carried.
The Silent Watcher
The Silent Watcher
Artificial Intelligence

Back to top Go down

Post  Touch of Ruin Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:09 pm

"One of the four. The prophe.... You dont know any of this do you? Where are your sibling?"

-------

Walking up to a computer terminal, I log into the system wirelessly and access some of the camera feeds. Looking back at Sentinel, I growl angrily.

"There are more of them friend. Thousands more."
Touch of Ruin
Touch of Ruin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Silent Watcher Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:13 pm

"Thousands? Of the same type? Or are there other versions?"

"Wha...what are you talking about? What prophecy? Siblings?"

She looks down at the ground.

"All I remember...is waking up in that lake..."
The Silent Watcher
The Silent Watcher
Artificial Intelligence

Back to top Go down

Post  Touch of Ruin Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:49 am

POV:  Zetsubō

"Both friend. Some of the same time but thousands other variations. And some of them are loose. They look hungry." I said growling. 

"But... How dont you remember? This doesnt make sense. Im sorry I scared you I was just so surprised. Please come with me to my people. They can explain it better than I.
Touch of Ruin
Touch of Ruin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Silent Watcher Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:03 am

"This one, at least, isn't hostile. The others may very well be. We should proceed with caution."

Sentinel glanced around the room, and spotted another exit.

"Does the computer list their creator?"

Nimue calmed down after a brief moment. "...Okay."
The Silent Watcher
The Silent Watcher
Artificial Intelligence

Back to top Go down

Post  Touch of Ruin Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:09 am

"Not exactly. It just says the name of the facility and the company that owns it. Then it mentions something odd. It would appear that you and I are the only 100% successful publically known speicments. The rest have been kept secret. By the way, wanna tell me the door number on that exit?"

"Thank you. Now come on we must hurry"
And with that I started sprinting through the trees.
Touch of Ruin
Touch of Ruin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum