Roll to Dodge - Altered
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Beast Within

+3
Primusa
Youmu Konpaku
Touch of Ruin
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Beast Within Empty The Beast Within

Post  Touch of Ruin Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:32 pm

Close your eyes and let me paint you a picture.
Are they closed? Good. Now listen to my words.
There is a land full of rich and strange culture. It has rolling hills, massive plains, towering green forests, and bustling cities. There is an odd blend of technology and medieval styles.
Cyborgs walk the streets while soldiers with spears patrol castles. Humans live with wolf men and everyone is equal.
Families are wealthy and prosperous. Large industries are built and bring in millions for the population. And THEN,
You see the poor side of the country. The towns are full of half clothed beggars looking for a penny to buy food. The air is full of pollution from the factories, forests chopped down, and plains ravaged by drought and locust plagues. See the picture I painted? It’s not very nice is it? Well guess what? It’s where you live.
And you sure as hell don't live on the rich side, save one of you. But, this is your time at redemption. Your time to save the world. Because this is your story.
And if you choose it to be it can be a story of heroes and good. Or it can be a story of death and destruction. You are currently a party of 4, and as a group you can decide your own fate. Both paths can lead to great riches, but only one will benefit the world, while the other benefit yourselves and no one else. Take heed, my friends.
This choice is yours and yours alone. Will you make the right choice? Or will greed overcome all?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You all wake up to the sound of knocking on the door to your dormitory.
“WAKE UP Y’ALL. IT’S TIME TO RISE AND SHINE.” A booming voice rings out. It’s morning and your day has begun. But this is no normal day. This is the day you have been training for. The day you and your group go out into the world to explore. Get ready.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOC: And we are up and running people. Have at it and lets have some fun.
Touch of Ruin
Touch of Ruin
Professional Racist Douchebag

Back to top Go down

The Beast Within Empty Intro to Zeelan

Post  Youmu Konpaku Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:39 pm

Upon hearing the loud, echoing voice, I slam my tome shut. With a sigh, I get out of my chair and turn to look at a nearby mirror. My eyes give off a blue glow, contrasting with my light brown skin. As I look at myself, I'm reminded of my past form. A simple human mage. How pitiful that was. I'm much stronger now, yet still bound by the capacitor affixed to my right shoulder. 

I reach over to grab the grey cloak laid out on my bed. I put on the piece of clothing over my simple tan shirt and grey pants, proceeding to pull the cloak's hood over my head, now hiding my short black hair. As I look at my reflection once more, I can see that only my glowing eyes can be made out. With a nod to myself, I walk over to the nearby door and push it open.

Last edited by Youmu Konpaku on Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Youmu Konpaku
Youmu Konpaku
Professional Grammar Nazi

Back to top Go down

The Beast Within Empty Intro to Samson Fairfax

Post  Primusa Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:34 pm

"Hey, Samson!" calls a boy. I look up from the encyclopedia I was reading. "What is it?" I ask him with a smile. "Do you want to come play go-fish with the rest of us?" While I admit, I was interested in playing, I was on a particularly interesting section at the moment, as such, I rejected his offer. I might  join the game later after I finished if they happened to still be playing. "Maybe another time then", he says. "Yes, sometime" I replied.

My awareness suddenly returned to me, I was in the passenger seat of a particularly luxurious car, and the Fairfax estate was just disappearing in the rear-view mirror. I had hardly ever left the estate in the past 13 years, and not at all in the past 9 years from what I can remember. I admit, I'm not going to miss it very much at all, and I should enjoy the time outside before I have to return. I looked down at my left wrist, on it was the "Temporal Wristwatch" as I called it. I had received the watch nearly a week ago, and it was in fact the very object that launched me on this little "vacation" of mine. During the past week, I have undergone extensive preparations for this trip, learning the specifications of the watch, liquidating all of my secret investments, except one that I would need. This liquidation netted me nearly 1.2 million credits, stored in a private account set up by my caretaker: Helena. The purpose of this extended leave was to discover the details behind the message inscribed on the bottom side of my watch, and of course complete the objective outlined by it. Someone of my affluence, intelligence, and ability should have no trouble accomplishing it. In fact, I'll probably be returning home in less than a month, quite a while before any long-term repercussions emerge with my family due to my absence. Yes, this was going to be pitifully easy, but it was something to relieve my boredom for a while anyways. In addition to the Temporal Wristwatch, I carried with me a 9mm pistol, the best on the market at this time, with it six clips for it, each containing eight hollow-point bullets. I can acquire better weapons if need be, but this will suit me just fine as the situation stands. My first destination was Principium, the capital of this country, where I hoped to acquire some information. I had one quick stop to make in the city first though, before I set off to work.

Helena's voice brought me out of my train of thought: "We're here" she said. I looked out the window, and indeed saw the vaguely familiar outline of the dreary church of my childhood down the alley. Apparently it was slated for demolition at the end of this week, and I wanted to get what was mine. "I'll only be a few minutes" I reassured Helena. I stepped out of the car, with a suitcase in hand, and began to walk down the alleyway. As I came out into the street, a man in tattered clothes turned his head and looked at me, a look of realization appeared on his face. "What are you doing here?!" he says. I simply walk past him and ignore him, someone of my stature has no time to talk to street trash. Maybe I knew him from the orphanage at one time, I had quite a few friends there, but had forgotten all of their names during my time at the Fairfax estate. I begin to wonder, why was I dwelling on this to begin with? I am a far superior person now than I was then, and people like those would be glad even have the right to shine my shoes, they're pathetic. I shouldn't concern myself with such things, but the fact that I'm here at all shows that I at least care somewhat. I suppose that's just unavoidable, I did have my origins here after all, even if they were pathetic. Upon reaching the church, I stepped under the red tape at the door, and the construction workers didn't even give me a second look. It was mostly empty now; but I looked in the familiar corner with the hole in it, and sure enough I pulled out some rolled sheets of paper, my old drawings. I placed them in my suitcase and set off after taking a last look at the interior of it.

Back in the car with Helena, I asked her to drive me to the "Bloodbath Tavern", my next planned stop. Upon hearing this, she pulled over the car to the side of the road near the tavern and looked at me very seriously. "Are you sure you want to go there, Samson?" She continued: "That is a very dangerous place, it didn't earn that name for nothing, your wealth will turn you into a target and there is a real possibility that you may be killed." She was right, "Bloodbath Tavern" was not its real name, and it had earned a reputation for being a meeting ground for the city's most dangerous criminals. However, there were also very reliable informants in there, I could easily learn about the strange incidents happening in the city lately, and much more with my wealth. Entering there was hardly a risk for me at all though, and there were multiple reasons why. First, my status as the adopted son of the head of the Fairfax estate assured practical immunity from anyone with sense, nobody wanted to earn the wrath of the Fairfax estate. Second, I looked down at the Temporal Wristwatch and smiled. I stepped out of the car and reassured her while showing my watch: "Don't worry, nobody would dare attack the likes of me". She sighed and said: "Just make sure you don't drown in your hubris." "It's not hubris if it's a fact" I retorted. I walked up to the door, opened it and stepped inside.

----------------------------------------
OOC: Just so everyone knows, I have just established the currency of this world, credits. For a real life comparison, 100 dollars is approximately equal to 1 credit. Conversely, 1 centicredit is approximately equal to 1 dollar. Metric system prefixes are used for this currency. Also, my character's backstory on my character sheet isn't canon anymore, it was just to give a basic idea of what this character would be like. If I haven't said it in a post, it didn't happen canonically.

Primusa

Back to top Go down

The Beast Within Empty Intro to ME

Post  Oneal812 Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:27 pm

Waking up in this place was always fun. Seriously. Mostly because it is always to the blasting sound of one of our "Teachers" music. I honestly don't think we actually get taught anything here. Not complaining of course. It could be worse, it could be raining.... ACID. Now that I think about it I'm pretty sure that did happen... like, last week. Point being made. Our Principal is a dragon. I live in the poor version of a school that would have been pretty cool to go to if it had money. My name is Veryon, and according to 95% of the student body I should be detained! The other 5% still have yet to hit the ground. I still can't see how its my fault that how a Gravity Altering wrist guard broke out of a high security facility, found my house, surgically attached itself to me, then made those people fall up! That's totally what happened by the way. Now I have to grow my hair out all long and were this big coat thing so no one notices me. It worked up into the point where I went to class. Who would've guessed.
Oneal812
Oneal812

Back to top Go down

The Beast Within Empty Re: The Beast Within

Post  Touch of Ruin Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:32 pm

OOC: Everyone involved, check the game discussions section. There's something there for you.

Last edited by Touch of Ruin on Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Touch of Ruin
Touch of Ruin

Back to top Go down

The Beast Within Empty Intro to Alyra Aurora

Post  The Silent Watcher Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:06 pm

To the side of the bar in the Blood Bath Tavern, a few sparks could be seen in the dim light. The sound of glass shards striking the ground followed shortly thereafter, as the source of the sparks swept them off the bar. She glanced around the bar, through the omnipresent smoke within, then turned back to the bar, quietly requesting another drink.

A man staggered up next to her in a drunken haze, and she realized that he mistook her for one of the, ah, waitresses in his inebriated state. She disregarded him for a moment, until the doors to the tavern opened, revealing a somewhat-tall pale-skinned high class idiot, as far as she's concerned. In her experience, such individuals often had far more money than sense, and it only got them into trouble. She assumed he was here for information, however, considering the reputation of the tavern.

The drunk made to grab at her, and quickly found himself on the floor, almost blinded by a blast of electricity at point-blank range. His clothing smouldered where he got struck, and the "waitress" he chose to go after sparked dangerously through the fog, arcs of electricity running across her arms. She wordlessly turned back to her drink, idly wondering what the new fool was here for.
The Silent Watcher
The Silent Watcher
Artificial Intelligence

https://rtdaltered.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

The Beast Within Empty Intro for Qilong Cirrius

Post  Contemplator Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:13 pm

Qilong woke up late, he always did, no one else seemed to care to much about it either which was fine by him. He laid in bed, if that's what you could call it, for a time, thinking over what he would have to do today. First he supposed he'd have to go steal something edible to eat. After that  he would probably skip Ms.Andrews class and head over to Ms.Stahl's or even better Mr.Shi's class. Magic was just far more interesting than plain old combat. Though while on that topic he supposed he would have to see Mr.Free at some time today, if only because he'd hate what would happen if he didn't.

With a sigh he rolled over and stood up, grabbed his jacket and Fedora, he slept in all his other clothes, not owning more than one set. Just another day to live.

Contemplator

Back to top Go down

The Beast Within Empty Finally everyones here

Post  Touch of Ruin Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:13 pm

BLOOD BATH TAVERN

Mr. Black chuckled as he watched the drunken man get blasted by the mysterious woman at the bar. He held out his hand and Mr. White reluctantly placed a 50 centicredit bill into it. Although they were security, they were employed not to stop bar fights and killings against the criminals, but instead to protect those who could not protect themselves, such as the “waitresses” or Madam Slova. As well as any normal folk who happened to wander into the bar. While it may have been unwise in this situation, in truth they cared deeply for all the “waitresses”, Madam Slova and Mr. Crookshaw. They looked like typical security, both standing about 6’5” and built like a barn. But to look into either of their eyes you would see something hidden yet dangerous. A cold and calculating energy that seemed to make you afraid of them. No one knew why exactly, but it seemed that whenever they did intervene, the culprit seemed to vanish into thin air.
Madam Slova looked around the room and noticed that there was some commotion at the front of the bar. Craning her neck to see, she realized that what appeared to be a very wealthy man had entered the bar. As she expected, a large group of her girls had walked over there and started attending to the man, either through suggestive touches or honest enquiries of what he wanted to drink. She also noticed that a group of rather large men were moving over. As she watched she saw them draw knives and guns. Picking up her headset, she was about to ask Mr. Black and White to move in.
“Security move-“
As she spoke they cut her off and said in unison,
“Leave it. He is different. We can sense it”
And with that, she put down her headset and watched as the men walked over to the man. One walked behind him and placed a gun to his head as her girls scattered to a safe distance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEACON FOR POOR PEOPLE

Mr. Free, getting impatient, pushed open the door and simply picked Zeelan, Veryon, and Qilong up and put them over his shoulder.
“Let’s go boys”
He said loud enough for them to hear him over the roaring of his latest favourite nightstep song, Killin' it.
“We got a special announcement for the Principal before class today”
He then walked down the hall and ran into the “courtyard”, which was really just the grassy field by the huts. There gathered all of the students and staff. In the middle of the field stood a large wooden box with a pair of old speakers and a microphone. On that stage was the head of the principal, who was a 30 foot long dragon. In truth neither the speakers nor microphone were even plugged in, nor did they actually work, but that didn’t matter much. He could speak in a loud whisper and you would hear him. As Mr. Free put them down, the massive dragon coughed then began to speak.
“Greetings to all staff and students of this school. For most, this is just another day of training to become a warrior. But for a few, this is the chance to become just that. A warrior. Three of you - Zeelan, Veryon, and Qilong – are graduating today. And as is customary, you are also going on your first contract today. You will attend normal classes, yes you too Qilong, and then after instead of partaking in training you will all go out with Mr. Free. He will explain more during that time. Until then, that is all. You are all dismissed.”
And with that, the large dragon reared up into the air and flew off.

Last edited by Touch of Ruin on Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Touch of Ruin
Touch of Ruin

Back to top Go down

The Beast Within Empty Samson Fairfax, cont.

Post  Primusa Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:45 pm

The first thing I saw upon entering the bar was a man getting blasted with what appeared to be an electric shock. The source of the blast was what appeared to be a woman sitting at the counter, she was wearing a simple black work shirt and pants, as well as a pair of leather boots. From her clothing choices, I might have mistaken her for a man if not for her shoulder length brown hair. Upon seeing my entrance, she gave me a look of quiet distaste before returning to her drink. It appears that this tavern's reputation for violence was not unfounded after all.
       Shortly after this, a series of scantily clad women approached me, with some of them suggestively touching my body, while others were making inquiries about what kind of drink I would like. It was blatantly obvious to me that they were only seeking a part of my fortune, but I found it quite preposterous of them to think they might succeed in seducing me, Samson Fairfax. If I was looking for a prostitute or a lap-dance, I wouldn't come looking for it in a dump like this, and especially not with STD-ridden women like these. I promptly shoved them aside, it was then that I saw a group of threatening looking men approaching me with knives and guns. Like these women, they were also seeking my fortune, but were going to attempt to use force rather than seduction to obtain it. The women scattered to the outskirts of the bar upon noticing the men.
       I subtly switched my Temporal Wristwatch to its "Pause" setting by turning the outside dial so that it was facing up, and it clicked into place. Upon clicking into place, a bright red "30" appeared in the center part of it. I felt a cold hard metal press against the back of my head, it appeared that one of them was waiting near the entrance in ambush if anyone worth stealing from walked in. "Just give us your clothes, shoes, and all the credits you have on hand, and you won't have to die" said the man behind me. Like hell I would give street trash anything of mine, but I decided to have a little fun with them first before killing them. I put on my best terrified face for them, and made it look like I was about to cry, "Please don't hurt me, I'll do anything" I said in a high pitched voice. "Haha, he looks like he's about to shit himself" mocked one of the three who were in front of me. I promptly made my terrified look disappear and replaced it with a wicked smile, "Just kidding" I said in a cold tone.
       I quickly pressed the center of the wristwatch in and time stopped moving forward, everything came to a standstill. The time on my wristwatch started counting down from 30. After all, I had a limited amount of time (from my perspective) to freeze time. Since I controlled what was and what wasn't frozen during the time freeze, I could simply kill all of my attackers with my 9mm within the time field before resuming time. However, that would make my abilities more or less obvious to everyone. On the other hand, if I killed them while outside of the time field while using the time freeze repeatedly, I could convince everyone watching that I was a master of teleportation magic, I didn't want my true abilities to be known. I decided on this as my course of action, only using 5 seconds of my time to do this.
       I walked behind the guy who was holding the gun to the back of my head, took out my 9mm and held it to the back of his head. I then resumed time, while at the same time immediately firing my gun. The gunshot caved in his skull instantly at point-blank range, I was definitely correct in my choice of hollow-point bullets. The three men in front of me had horrified looks on their faces, as they had just been splattered with their friend's brain matter. "Fire!" one of them shouted just as I froze time once again, with 20 seconds left on the clock. Seeing that one of them had an assault rifle, probably with very strong bullet penetration, I quickly shifted both of his friends in front of the barrel of his gun just as he was beginning to fire before taking up a position behind him, I then unfroze time again. As predicted, because he was so panicked because of seeing his associate have his brains blown out, he didn't stop firing his gun until both of his other friends were dead. He was so surprised that he didn't notice me at all until I killed him with two 9mm shots in the back.
       Seeing that the floor was now drenched in blood, I walked over to the bar counter and flicked a 1 credit coin at the bartender before sitting down at one of the tables. After all, it was my fault that the floor was now messy, 1 credit was virtually nothing to me, and I wanted to be in good standing with the owners if I ever came back here in the future. Now, somebody here might have some information about the incidents lately, and looking around, I couldn't see anybody who looked like an informant in here. Just then, I noticed that woman from earlier walking over to my table, perhaps she had something to say to me.

Primusa

Back to top Go down

The Beast Within Empty So let's get started.

Post  Contemplator Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:51 pm

OCC:

This day was not going as planned, first I got dragged away from my soon to be breakfast (how did Mr.Free even know I was in the school's kitchen?!?) and next thing I knew was going to be sent away on some mission where, heaven forbid... I'd be part of a team... and on top of that I was going to have to complete objectives. It's not that I'm lazy, just that I like to be able to do my own thing when I want. But that isn't the real problem, not really, the worst problem was that the whole time he was going to have to be around Mr. Free, which by himself wasn't so bad, for one he was a wolfman which made him awesome, second he did have REALLY great taste in music and third he was really good in a fight, heck he's taught me most of what I know of sword fighting, but if he was there then that meant we were being watched on this mission by the school, which meant he actually couldn't ditch randomly to grab a bite to eat or a fancy new shirt ow or always... not good.

These thought's were on my mind as I stood up, grumbling and left heading to my first class with Mr.Shi, that was a positive I guess, I couldn't really do any ranged magic but I really enjoyed watching those who could. It would have been even better if I could have gone and finished my breakfast that I never got to start, maybe at the nice little run down cafe down the street, the one with the broken lock on the back door. However Mr Puff, had singled me out only a minute ago, and though I had disobeyed him before, I felt that I was going to need every little bit of help I could get if this mission went the way I was already seeing it go.

Still nothing for it, aim high, pull the trigger till I get a hit. If I'm going to get anywhere I'm going to have to start somewhere first.

Contemplator

Back to top Go down

The Beast Within Empty Feel My Apathy.

Post  Youmu Konpaku Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:11 pm

That was a rather abrupt start to my day, as my ears still continue to pound from Mr. Free's music. I've never talked to him much as his battle style and mine differ radically, and therefore I do not have the need to take his class. He does, however, have a taste in music in which the likes I haven't heard of before, but his music is rather catchy. But all of that aside, I've got other things on my mind to think about now. Graduation day.

As the principal said, it looks like I'll be going on my first contract. A chance to put my powers into actual practice. On top of that, this is a day where I'd like to get in some actual spellwork, as opposed to reading my tome for the rest of the day. That, and for some reason, I'm just in a "burning things down" kind of mood. But then again, I'll probably have to work in a team for this contract. While I personally prefer to work alone, I don't mind a being team so long as it's not with a pack of incompetent fools, and they don't get in my way. 

Sighing, I ignore and walk past the other graduates and head over to Mr. Shi's class. It would make most people annoyed at the fact that they still had to attend classes before the contract, but luckily for me, I don't really give a damn. 

I spot my instructor waiting at the magic range. Can't keep the man waiting. I walk over and stop in front of him. "Hello, Mr. Shi. I am ready to begin."
Youmu Konpaku
Youmu Konpaku

Back to top Go down

The Beast Within Empty This isn't how graduation works.

Post  Oneal812 Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:26 pm

Well then, that was interesting. It seems like today was graduation! According to our principal Mr. Free, the other two graduates and I will be going on a contract after class today! First off, class after graduation. Second off, I am 90% sure these contracts are just us being drafted to make money for our school. On one hand, doing things with Mr. Free is always fun. Him and his enemy crushing... Good times. On the other hand my team seems to consist of a crazy person and a walking bomb who both happen to like working alone! Hopefully we don't go to some place really sketchy and filled with murderers. Before all that I have to go to Mr. Shi's class. Clearly the appropriate class for me to go to before a contract.
Oneal812
Oneal812

Back to top Go down

Post  The Silent Watcher Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:08 am

The woman muttered something under her breath, and if one strained their ears, they could hear, "...not a fool after all...." Flipping a few centicredits to the bartender for her drinks, she got up, glanced around the tavern, and walked towards the newcomer.

"An interesting trick you've got there," she begins. "Not often you see someone who can teleport around here, to that degree of accuracy..." She glances towards his watch, proving that she didn't believe for a second that it was actually teleportation.

"My name's Alyra, by the way. You are...?"
The Silent Watcher
The Silent Watcher
Artificial Intelligence

https://rtdaltered.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

The Beast Within Empty Samson Fairfax, cont.

Post  Primusa Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:01 pm

The Silent Watcher wrote:"An interesting trick you've got there," she begins. "Not often you see someone who can teleport around here, to that degree of accuracy..." She glances towards his watch, proving that she didn't believe for a second that it was actually teleportation.

Ah, so she saw through my teleportation misdirection. Between the twinge of sarcasm in her voice, as well as the glance at my Temporal Wristwatch, there could be no doubt. I had of course considered the possibility that someone would see through the misdirection, a real master of magic wouldn't have any trouble at all, but I had conjectured that nobody in such a filthy establishment would have this kind of knowledge. After all, nobody else even appeared to question the fact that I had used something other than teleportation to kill those men. However, I couldn't be sure that she had discovered the full extent of my abilities yet, time manipulation of any form was completely unheard of in this country. But, time manipulation was one of a very small set of explanations for what she just witnessed; so I was relatively safe in making the assumption that she does in fact know the full extent of my abilities.

In regards to her abilities, from what I witnessed earlier; it appeared to be the case that she could generate electricity and discharge it into others in the form of electrocution. It was also very safe to make the assumption that she was immune to the electricity that she generates, and likely electricity from external sources as well. After all, how would she be able to survive generating her own electric attacks if this was not the case? However, it was very unclear whether her abilities were magic-based or not, but it doesn't matter very much at this stage anyways. Either way; this woman, although poor and in such a filthy establishment, had my attention. Perhaps she was knowledgeable enough about this community to be quite a useful informant for me. If this was the case, hiring her for information didn't seem like such a bad idea to me.

The Silent Watcher wrote:"My name's Alyra, by the way. You are...?"

"I am Samson Fairfax, upcoming incumbent to the Fairfax Estate".

Although I was going on this little field trip without permission from my Father, it was highly unlikely that anyone was looking for me yet seeing as I had only been gone for about a day now. I had no reason to hide my identity whatsoever, and there was no way that any agents from the Golden Dawn would be able to get any information out of this woman when they finally do come looking for me. Their influence in criminal circles was quite pitiful.

Primusa

Back to top Go down

The Beast Within Empty Oh, and mind the sharp bits.

Post  Touch of Ruin Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:39 pm

BEACON FOR POOR PEOPLE
Mr. Free watched the boys periodically throughout the day and smiled. They were strong warriors and so very different both in combat and personality. They were either going to hate each other, or make one hell of a team. When lessons were done, he went and found them in their room.
“Alright let’s go.”
They then followed him out to the courtyard where Mr. Shi and Mr. Puff were standing. Mr. Shi was holding a large black suitcase. Mr. Puff smiled at them and said,
“Alright boys. You are one step away from graduation. This will be your final test. Mr. Shi would you please?”
Mr. Shi then put down the brief case, walked into the field and punched the ground. This action caused stone walls to rise up through the ground in the form of four rings, three on the bottom and one on the top. He then picked up the brief case, opened it, and took out a small bag. He poured the bag’s content into his palm and threw it into the three rings. Suddenly 45 skeletons, 15 in each ring, emerged from the ground holding swords and spears and dressed in plate mail.
“This,” Mr. Free said, as he walked into the fourth ring, “is your test. You are to defeat these skeletons. Then you are all to fight me together in the last ring and defeat me.”

The skeletons all started singing "Blood and bones" and everyone stared uneasily at each other. Then the three students walked into their rings and Mr. Free said,
“Have at it.”
With that he threw his boom box up and it started blasting "Last time." Then the skeletons attacked.

BLOOD BATH TAVERN
A man wearing a duster and wide brimmed hat was watching both the newcomer and the woman at the bar talk. He smiled as the newcomer had killed the men, obviously through time manipulation. He was also very pleased with the woman’s apparent ability to control electricity. He looked down due to hearing a beep and took out his communicator. He read the message and it said ‘they are ready.” As he stood up he muttered ‘It appears the king has his pawns.” And with that he walked out the door.

OOC: Have fun boys.
Touch of Ruin
Touch of Ruin

Back to top Go down

Post  BAM Blind And Mad Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:02 am

interesting, very interesting...
BAM Blind And Mad
BAM Blind And Mad
Head Technician

http://www.rolltododge.net78.net

Back to top Go down

The Beast Within Empty Ashes to Ashes

Post  Youmu Konpaku Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:38 am

The enemies now before me don't seem to be much of a problem. Simple-minded skeletons only with the intent to kill... and oddly, sing. These skeletons will probably intend to swarm and overpower me, something which I intend to take full advantage of. Let’s begin.

As the enemies charge at me, I quickly split them into two groups by blasting one of them back with a strong thermal. They are slammed into the wall, stunning them. It won’t be for very long, but still plenty of time for me to deal with the other group.

I cause the ground below them to erupt with a strong thermal wind, taking my foes off balance as they fall to the ground due to their heavy armor. As they take their time to get up, I draw a ring of blue flames around them, which is completed just as they regain their footing. They look around for their nonexistent escape route as the ring becomes taller, taking the shape of a small pillar of flame. With a chuckle, I will the pillar to collapse on them, reducing my foes to ashes.

Just in time, as the enemies I had previously blasted back had begun to charge again. As I harden the energy within me, two long, thin glowing blue blades spring from my wrists. Igniting them with my flames, I adopt a defensive stance as I wait for the enemies to get into range.

Once they have approached me, a spear-wielder goes in for a lunge which I parry, following up with a slash to the neck, severing the creature’s head. A sword wielding skeleton behind me attempts to do the same. Spinning to the side, I avoid his strike and puncture a hole in his armor with my blade. I move him in front of me to use him as my shield, blocking the attacks of my undead foes.

With my new found skeletal riot shield in front of me, I reach out my hand to the side to spew flames over the other foes. They let out a shriek as the flames consume their bodies, reducing them to ash.

I pull out the blade of my still “living” shield, which falls to the ground and struggles to get up. I place my foot on the creature’s  back, and shoot a blast of flame at the creature’s head, putting the wretched thing out of its misery.

With a smile, I take a look at the collection of bones and ashes that now litter my arena. With my enemies now defeated, I am ready for the next challenge that is Mr. Free.

From ashes to ashes. Dust to dust.

OOC: No, I haven't watched all of FMA, shut up.
Youmu Konpaku
Youmu Konpaku

Back to top Go down

The Beast Within Empty They never knew what hit them (Intro for Ari's second character and an NPC)

Post  Touch of Ruin Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:19 pm

Seras chuckled as she scouted out the base and the guard movement through her rifle. Five teams of 2, one at the gate entrance and four patrolling the various outside areas. Two on the top level and two on the bottom level. All carrying M4A1 Carbines. She then smiled and realized she had forgotten about the sniper tower. Almost without thinking, she shifted her view and aimed at the snipers head. She mentally checked her breath and ran through her plan. First the sniper, then shift and take out team one on the top of the building. Wait for three seconds and shoot down team two. Wait another five seconds then aim down towards team three and take them. Then wait one second and shift right to dispose of team four before aiming at the gate to support her partner.

She paused for a minute and chuckled to herself remembering her partner. Amelia was one of the scariest people she had ever met. Her appearance and personality gave away no hint as to the horror she could bring upon others. She was smart, efficient, and incredibly deadly. These guards would have no idea what was about to happen.

Refocusing, she saw that the guards were moving into positions. She quickly aimed, fired, and deadened the sound around the muzzle and bullets path as she shifted her aim. The bullet hit the sniper through the scope in the head.  She then fired two rounds almost simultaneously and shifted before she even saw them hit. And hit they did, the first one punching through the first guards heart and the other caving the second guards head in. Counting the seconds, she watched as they walked into her line of sight and started to notice their friends. Before they could utter a sound, which she was prepared to silence regardless, both had their necks blown out from the 7.62 AP rounds ripping into their skin. Counting again, she shifted down and sighted the third team walking around oblivious. Smiling, she once again took them both with shots to the head before shifting and counting the second before shooting team four, killing both with one bullet as it punched through the first guard’s throat into the others.  She then shifted her aim to the gate as she saw her partner walk up to the guards and trained her scope on the first guards head.
She quickly radioed her partner

“This is banshee. You are clear to proceed. Oh and pick me up one of those assault rifles will you love?”

Back to top Go down

The Beast Within Empty Oh No. Skellymen.

Post  Oneal812 Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:38 pm

It seems that Mr. Free is going to put us all through a test before we can go out and do our contract. After stepping into a magic ring of some sort I was closed in and a large group of re-animated skeletons with various weapons crawled out from the ground. A large group of flimsy, weak skeletons trapped in an enclosed space surrounded by stone walls? Whatever shall I do!? "Oh right, this." Using my ability to manipulate gravity I made a field with a extremely strong gravitational force in the middle of the group. It takes a good seven seconds for all the skeletons to be turned to dust via being crushed by each other, more then I was expecting. I'll have to stay back at the beginning of the battle with Mr.Free so my powers can recharge. Then the door to the ring wouldn't open. I looked around and couldn't see any more skeletons. I started rummaging through the bone pile checking for signs of "life". There was just one head of a skeleton trying to bite at me. Despite it being really funny I had to break it if I wanted to get out of here, so using the last three seconds I made a field under his head. I'm not to strong on my own but even a punch from me being assisted by gravity 3 times stronger then the earth could break a few bones.*crunch.*....That hurt....a lot....
Oneal812
Oneal812

Back to top Go down

The Beast Within Empty And I keep thinking about what they told me.

Post  Contemplator Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:29 pm

OOC: Forget it I don`t like spoilers after all. And anyway I'm not crazy (though I'm not sure I disagree on the time bomb,) I just have... a different way of looking at things... I'm a master of the five finger discount, is it so wrong to use my skills? Someone who had a similar experience with a gravity device should agree.

Well this was interesting, we were picked up by Free and lead directly to the courtyard were Mr. Shi (someone who I should know more about seeing as I've been going to his class for years, what was his ability? Memory manipulation? Ground Magic?) Prepared the first part of our test and so I stepped willingly into a ring full of skeletons.

As soon as I did however I began contemplating that choice. After all if I failed this test I would be free to keep living at Beacon, though on second thought failing involved being beaten by a bunch of skeletons, possibly killed. Hmm... I certainly wasn't good enough to come back to life after that. That and I was getting tired of this place, I wanted to see more, there was a world to be discovered and I finally had a chance to see it. Best just get this over with then.

So as the skeletons charged I did the logical thing, I turned and ran, not out of the circle though, but up into the air, creating stairs out of the air as I ran up, up till I was sure I was out of reach. there I created a large shield/platform structure, where I sat and began to think.

How after all do you beat animated skeletons? How are they even animated? Obviously my standard approach of attacking with a sword was out, I couldn't make a sword that sharp not without a bit of time, which judging by who I was working with, if I wanted to get in on the fight with Mr.Free (which I was looking forward to) I wouldn't have. So back to the question, how to kill them, crushing them would be good, but aside from lobbing balls of air (a satisfying thing to do) at them I was short on ideas for that. It was when one skeleton threw his spear (which bounced off my shield,) that the idea came to me. I quickly formed a long spear  from the air ad began stabbing at the spaces between the skeletons heads and necks. Perhaps the control center was the head, cliche perhaps but from this school I wasn't really expecting to have each bone to be separately animated. Sure enough they went down like wheat, one by one. With that I ran through the wall and down to where Mr.Free and one of the other students were already standing. I didn't want to wait around too long, just in case my hypothesis proved to be wrong.

Here I come world, I was a bat chained down, but I'm free and now it's my turn to fly.

More OOC: Sorry about the last post in another topic, I was in a bit of a hurry. This post should be right after ashes to ashes.

Contemplator

Back to top Go down

The Beast Within Empty Well that seemed to have hurt a bit

Post  Touch of Ruin Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:22 pm

BEACON FOR POOR PEOPLE
Mr. Free watched and smiled as the three students stepped into the ring.
“Well boys, now you fight me.”
He then pulled out what appeared to be his war hammer but with a large pink pillow at the end instead of the actual hammer. Looking at it for a second, he said
“Well it isn’t my usual weapon but at least it won’t kill you guys. Now come and get it.”
With that he jumped forward and swung his hammer sending them all flying away from him.

OOC: If you kill him I kill you. Also he's your guide so its best not to kill him.
Touch of Ruin
Touch of Ruin

Back to top Go down

The Beast Within Empty Sunshine and Backstabs

Post  Youmu Konpaku Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:52 pm

--POV: Amelia--

“Roger that, Banshee,” I replied to my partner. Tonight is raid night, yippee! How long has it been since I was contracted on a raid like this? Too long. And with Seras, too! The others that I get teamed up with aren’t as fun…What’s with them? It was always “Amelia, quit making them claw out their throats,” or “Amelia, quit making them jump to their deaths.” Booooring. That’s no fun. Besides, they got what was coming to them. At least Seras understands…

I walk up to the front gate of the facility, where two guards stand. Time to start.

One guard takes notice of me and fixes his gaze on me. “Hey, this area is off limits.” That’s what they all say…

“It’s alright, I work here.” I take a scrap of paper from my pocket and use my illusionary powers to make it appear as a valid ID here. How I enjoy this power so... it makes it a lot easier to stab things.

After examining the “ID card”, the guard nods. “Very well. You may pass.” The two proceed to open the gate for me.

“Thank you,” I respond to the guards as I walk through the gate. “Oh, I almost forgot, there’s one more thing I need to do here,” I add as a small smile forms on my face.

“Hm?” said the second guard.

“Wanna get bakestaybbed?” before the two can turn around, I quickly pull out my combat knives and drive them into the two guards’ backs. They let out a short grunt of pain, and collapse as soon as I pull out the blades.

Smiling, I radio my partner. “Banshee, this is Mist. Gate guards have been neutralized, and I am proceeding towards the facility.”

I walk onwards past the gate, pulling out my Beretta M9s, which I have lovingly nicknamed Hysteria and Lunacy. Whatever villain assholes I’m going to find in there are going to find out why.
Youmu Konpaku
Youmu Konpaku

Back to top Go down

The Beast Within Empty Gives a new meaning to pillow fights

Post  Contemplator Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:38 pm

*oomph* I grunted as I slammed into the far wall.
Man the second the other student (man I really can't remember his name, that hit really packed a punch for being only a pillow) stepped into the ring and I'm already sent flying away. Speaking of which, I got hit! Me! Man I'm really out of it today, the only times I'm not insubstantial are when I'm trying to hide my ability, and having gone to school with these guys for years I'm pretty sure they all know what I can do.

With all that in mind I get up and after a quick tip of my hat to Mr.Free and my companions, grab a sword out of the air and turn insubstantial. At this point there's not much I can do but wait for an opening, fighting a hammer with a sword is not a good idea, and there's not a chance I'm going to use anything that I'm less skilled at, not when fighting someone who is as good as Mr.Free, after all, I learned most of my fighting style from him.
(Though I mean that as in he taught me, not that I learned his style. I can't even begin to comprehend how he can fight like he does, I'm certainly not that flexible).

Last edited by Contemplator on Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:04 am; edited 1 time in total

Contemplator

Back to top Go down

The Beast Within Empty ♫ I don't want to set the world on fire... ♫

Post  Youmu Konpaku Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:29 pm

I grunt in pain as I'm slammed into the far wall. Mr. Free's certainly fast, I'll give him that. As I look beside me, Qilong has already manifested a sword and has turned insubstantial, and Veryon has yet to make his move. Guess it's my turn now.

While I prefer working alone, looks like I've got these guys to work with. I can start by trying to get at Mr. Free myself, and perhaps give Qilong an opening. And Veryon... well, there's no telling what he's going to do. I'll leave that to him.

With a nod to my teammates, I give the ground a hard punch, causing my body to be covered in arcane fire, as well as causing it to erupt from the ground around me as well. I create a thermal from underneath me, which shoots me up twenty meters into the air. I then proceed to dive bomb Mr. Free and create a large shockwave by punching the ground upon my landing. Perhaps that'll take him off balance.

Let's see what you've got, then.
Youmu Konpaku
Youmu Konpaku

Back to top Go down

The Beast Within Empty Pillowy Mounds of DEATH

Post  Oneal812 Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:49 pm

Pillows hurt. This fight seems to be getting off to a fantastic start, and I am deeply, deeply annoyed that skull crushing isn't a valid option. Come to think of it, this is the first time this has ever happened. Rabid beasts, psychopaths, math finals, all of which a little skull crushing can fix no problem. I suppose I do have help this time around. Granted that only a few seconds ago they were one with the wall, they seem to have regained their focus... and one of them just burst into flames. I really hope he meant to do that. Either way, I won't be able to do much with that demonic pillow hammer MOCKING ME WITH ITS FLUFFY PINK DOOM. I'll just distract him for a bit, maybe make it harder for him to move and let MeltMan over here do the damage. I'm not quite sure what my other partner can do yet, never made much sense to me in the first place. Something about solids and non-solids and how only one can crush the other skulls. They seem to be about to make a move, so I prepare to make a field and get ready to be obnoxious. So very obnoxious.
Oneal812
Oneal812

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum