Roll to Dodge - Altered
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doomsday Improv

5 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Doomsday Improv - Page 2 Empty Re: Doomsday Improv

Post  The Dark King Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:28 pm

"Hmmmmmm........ Human reaction time averages about .1 seconds. Can be pushed to .001 seconds under both stress and training. At this range, I would need to start moving before you fire." I say, thinking out loud.

"Or I can do this." I say directly into the gunman's ear, now standing behind him. "Your move, cowboy." Pointing my blade at the back of his neck.
The Dark King
The Dark King
Creative Director

Back to top Go down

Post  The Silent Watcher Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:38 pm

"I pull this trigger, we all die. Your move."

I readied myself - if he made to kill me, he'd find himself in the unfortunate position of being suspended a good fifty meters in the air in short order. While he could still use his grenades or throw his sword, it matters not. I am ready. The question being, is he?
The Silent Watcher
The Silent Watcher
Artificial Intelligence

https://rtdaltered.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  BAM Blind And Mad Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:36 pm

"You know you'd think they would have the smarts to leave." One man wearing a bush on his head with one of the most sophisticated and finest snipers in the world at his finger tips pointed straight at the head of the bomber said. "Well they seem to be having some sort of argument or something they all have weapons out and look ready to use them." His spotter replied in kind. "Should we? its like fighting fire with fire it seems a little wrong." The sniper says making final adjusments and preparing his breathing for the shot. "It was the entire town though... and I don't think anyone will miss them. Unlike your bother and his fiancée which they don't seem to give two shits to the wind about" The spotter says. "very well" The sniper finishes as he fires the sniper riffle. The speedy v2 was a super sniper riffle for people who didn't mean to fuck around, its muscle velocity was around 9.0 x 10^7, its bullets had been designed to go through just under 300 ft of lead, and its size was only about the size of a very large pistol

---Some unknown body of water in some unknown woods---

"Nibel, your such an asshole. stop asking her questions she is probably cold and hungry and surprisingly bad smelling considering she is submerged in water" said Mary as she goes to give the women a hand out of the water. "And I'm the asshole." Nibel retorted derisively

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOC:

@TDK: You don't have to read them all but I would recommend reading all of mine since you left. Also that was all sort of my mistake and misunderstanding sorry about that so yeah...

@TSW: if its not clear from the flavor text in POV 2 the characters are kind of like helping/forcing you out of the water if you know what I mean(like stepping into the water and putting one arm over their shoulder etc...)

Also sorry about the lack of response just been kinda obsorbed in coding this evening

Last edited by BAM Blind And Mad on Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
BAM Blind And Mad
BAM Blind And Mad
Head Technician

http://www.rolltododge.net78.net

Back to top Go down

Post  The Silent Watcher Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:42 pm

-POV: Character 1-

I noticed a small flash in thet distance. Something subtle, and if I had been any less observant, I would have missed it.

"Sniper."

Without hesistation, I rocketed up into the air, creating a veritable tornado for everyone around me. The bullet missed me, at least. Couldn't say the same for the others, as I kicked up too much dust when I took off. The shockwave, however, nearly knocked me out - the bullet was travelling at relativistic speeds, after all. I maintained my concentration, however.

I removed the bullet currently loaded into my pistol, and replaced it with one of my antimatter rounds. Aiming it towards the sniper, I fired.

The bullet left the barrel slightly faster than the speed of sound, spinning all the way to improve accuracy. I used my ability to manipulate wind to lessen the air resistance in front of it, so that it would reach its' target.

"I would advise you cover your eyes. This will be most unpleasant, otherwise."

A second later, the bullet struck the ground, and the sky burned.

-POV: Character 2-

"...Cold? No..." My stomach reminded me that I hadn't had anything to eat, yet. "...Is there food?"

I let the woman, Mary, help me out. The water was still clean, however, and actually almost crystal clear. Not a single drop of water clung to my clothes, though my hair was soaked, and the only dirt on me was from the ground I climbed onto.

"...The water smells fine to me..." These words were still unfamiliar, but I was getting used to them.

Last edited by The Silent Watcher on Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : TYPOS)
The Silent Watcher
The Silent Watcher
Artificial Intelligence

Back to top Go down

Post  BAM Blind And Mad Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:18 pm

The sniper barely had enough time to have a nerve signal from his foot before one of the men created something of a tornado around him and began rising fast he pointed his weapons at him and his spotter. He knew the drill, he still didn't like it one bit "damn it!!!" he swore out loud as he shoved a nettle straight into his forehead. just as the bullet hit he though he felt the acid and poison take effect but then, how would he... and that was the last thing that went through his head as he was annihilated by the antimatter bullet. And even if by some miracle he had survived he had just taken the strongest and fastest working acid and poison known to man and had injected it directly into his brain

"See Nibel she is hungry." Mary said pointedly. "That might be but we don't have enough food for us to give it away to every tom, dick an harry we met who says there hungry. Mary... Not to mention I don't event know if we have enough food for us since we are lost in this giant forest." Nibel replied. "You said you knew exactly where we were. And that you knew that we had exactly the right supplies, and that you knew that we would be able to survive....". "Mary will you stop i said that stuff so you would stop pestering me now sit down and keep this women company will I figure out what to do.". Mary did as she was asked if a little begrudgingly and muttering the same things that she had been saying out load a moment ago to her self.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by BAM Blind And Mad on Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
BAM Blind And Mad
BAM Blind And Mad
Head Technician

Back to top Go down

Post  The Silent Watcher Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:37 pm

I looked over to the bag, with the symbol for infinity. Slowly walking over to it, I picked it up and reached in.

I pulled out a surprisingly large platter of fruit. Wondering how it even fit in the bag, I opened it up fully, and looked inside. I rapidly dropped it as I saw nothing but darkness, no matter how much light I let in.

"...I found food..." I took a bite out of an apple as I said this.

-OOC-

@BAM - PM sent. Character sheets n stuff. For your convenience.
The Silent Watcher
The Silent Watcher
Artificial Intelligence

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackstar88 Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:28 pm

"If you guys want to just kill each other I'm completely fine with that but judging by the dam sniper these assholes have some dam good gear ..so yea ill join you as a PARTNER" and you I turn to the swordsman " where do you fit in this little story of ares eather join us or well...two vs one I think the odds are on us honastly I dount care but you might
Blackstar88
Blackstar88
Bad Speller

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dark King Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:53 pm

"Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm....... You WOULD be right, but I'm not one man." I say, as another me walks out from behind the bomber. "Also, I wouldn't recommend making me angry, when I get angry, there's nothing I won't destroy."

"Anyways, I HIGHLY doubt you'll pull that trigger. IF you had anti-matter rounds, you obviously know full well what would happen when you pull the trigger, but you don't have them." The other me says, cracking open the gun with his left hand. "Only bluff when you really need to." I say as the other me tosses the gun and the bullets in the chamber to the ground.

"Now, how about you?" Both of me question the bomber.
The Dark King
The Dark King
Creative Director

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackstar88 Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:30 pm

"Haha you want a fight so early wow and I thought I had issues but back to the question at hand you could fight me but you have no idea what I'm capable of well except that town back there but I really wasn't trying but you want me to try well you only have to ask" while speaking I nod to the gunman that mabey he could be usefull in the situation
" I ask again (readying my self)what do you want"
Blackstar88
Blackstar88
Bad Speller

Back to top Go down

Post  BAM Blind And Mad Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:45 pm

---Some distant place(moments ago)---

"There goes another..." says a man watching a tv screen that had just shown the death of the sniper. "Whould we sen another?" responds a man relaxing in a office chair with his feet up. "No, we don't technically have permission to do this. And I think they would notice if more than two guys go missing." The man watching the screen said as he continues to watch the three men in the forest. "They called us not the other way round not to mention I am talking the drones not men" is said to justify. "We could just pass it off as a test or whatever. Come on those where some of our best guys we need some revenge" the man continues. "Fine, here is what we'll do. First we send in No. 1 as a distraction and fry their ass with No. 2" the man watching the tvs says as he turns towards the other one. "Sounds fair to me."

---Back in the forest(present moment)---

A drone landed about 100 meters from the group. Its white hot flame thrower and laser were set its machine guns in place and aimed at the swordsmen's head. A second drone landed milliseconds later on the exact opposite side of the group. A third and fourth took up more positions creating a half circle around the group. in fast synchronized action they turned off stealth and turned on the flame thrower which caused the entire forest to go up in flames in a second. while this happens two more drones land directly in front of the group lasers and machine guns firing doing a sweeping motion ensuring anyone who tries to run will be instantly killed.
More drones land in the end there is about twelve in front of you and a unknown amount behind you. all behind burning everything in sight and moving at a rate that they will be burning your corpses in 5 seconds and the twelve in front 4 are continuing the sweeping motion denying any running 4 are sending jets of lasers and machine gun fire over to of your heads dening any air travel and 4 are aiming at you and begining to fire

"What?!? where did you get that?" Nibel asks in surprise. "I don't care" Mary chipped in and proceeded to eat about three quarters of the platter of fruit. Nibel took the opportunity to eat an orange off the platter he didn't simply eat it though he first took a few nibbles out of it, tastes fine to me, he thought. As he ate the orange he said over the chewing "Whats your name by the way I never caught it?"

OOC:

@TSW: I got the PM, and yes I will give your second character the name but you will have to explain why the character doesn't know it first(meaning you have to say I don't remember or something)

@ALL: New formatting thing if its in bold its a different story line not same story line etc...

New Rule: getting people is a little different than objects in the sense you first have to pull a portal out of the bag wait a turn(meaning my next post) then you can have a person. This is simply so we don't have an army of infinite people that just will not die, so pretty much balancing. This rule comes into effect after this turn.
BAM Blind And Mad
BAM Blind And Mad
Head Technician

Back to top Go down

Post  The Silent Watcher Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:10 pm

-OOC-

The Dark King, my character just used one on the sniper, proving he had at least one, AND he's easily a hundred meters in the air.

Read my posts before responding to them. My character's revolver is not broken, as you cannot reach it.

I descended, as a mushroom cloud formed in front of us, my eyes rapidly recovering from the flash. Hovering just out of reach of the swordsman, I addressed the bomber once more.

"Partners? While I could hardly consider us equals, being a partner is...acceptable." I reached into the satchel I had, and removed what appeared to be a cellphone, with a few interesting modifications.

"If these bags work as I suspect, this should allow you to contact me regardless of my location in this world."

As for you, swordsman, don't think that I won't hesitate to destroy us all."

Just then, I was interrupted once more. First the swordsman, then the sniper, and now these drones, torching the environment and attempting to deny an escape via the air.

"Pitiful."

A massive whirlwind filled the air - not to eliminate the drones, but to kick up as much dust and ash as possible, blinding them. In that moment, I repeated my earlier stunt, rocketing up into the air, except I didn't stop at two hundred meters. Rather, I continued, rising constantly, passing where the clouds would have been. I finally stopped, looked around, and spotted another town, intact, but likely panicking, nearby. I began flying in that direction, guided by the wind.

The swordsman and bomber could wait.

"...My...name?" I don't even remember having, or even needing one.

"...I...don't think I have one...if I do, I don't remember..."
The Silent Watcher
The Silent Watcher
Artificial Intelligence

Back to top Go down

Post  Touch of Ruin Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:20 pm

I wake up laying on my back looking at the sky. I feel happy and at peace but I cant remember why. Then I realize that i don't know where I am. Immediately I sense danger and jump to my feet. I reach to my belt and don't find any weapons, but I cant remember what type should be there, if any at all.

Afraid of getting caught on the forest floor, I look for a tree to climb. I see one and notice something lodged in the canopy. I scale the tree and notice a small game bag with an the words "Viva ll Re" written in black on it. Somehow I know that it belongs to me and I open it.

I manage to pull out a pair of trench knives, 16 throwing knives, a utility knife, and a strange box marked with purple rings. I open the box to find a green pendant and 6 thick steel braces covered with strange runes. I put them on and feel immediate power come to me. Then I hear a voice in my head whisper.

"You are Lyra Stahl"

I think for a moment and decide to believe the voice.
Looking back in the bag, I pull out a harness with a small metal pole in it. I pulled out the pole and hit a button on it. The pole extended into a 6' bow staff. Replacing the staff, I strap the harness to my back and the 2 trench knives to my belt while the box and other knives to back into the bag. Then I look at my hands and realize I am female.

"Well, it seems that I am in a forest with a bag full of weapons and only a name to my identity. Might as well look around. "
Touch of Ruin
Touch of Ruin
Professional Racist Douchebag

Back to top Go down

Post  The Silent Watcher Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:25 pm

-OOC-

Touch of Ruin and my second character are near each other. How far apart depends on BAM.
The Silent Watcher
The Silent Watcher
Artificial Intelligence

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dark King Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:29 pm

@TSW: Fine. This.

Both of me cease to exist.
The Dark King
The Dark King
Creative Director

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackstar88 Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:43 pm

" Okay that was fun...but well all this fun happening I really need an upgrade to my equipment" but first I need a nice good break and with that I get onto the chopper and fly off to somewhere relaxing(about 10 mins and god knows how far away)I find a nice secluded volcano to relax by and with that I pull out some liquor,another cigar,and a "special" tool set for my bike next time I intend to mount that swordsmans head on my mantel I think to my self then pull out anouther neetle and jab it in my leg "that feels odd" I exclaim as the effects begin to set in"but I LIKE IT"
Blackstar88
Blackstar88
Bad Speller

Back to top Go down

Post  The Silent Watcher Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:35 pm

While in-flight, I contacted the bomber.

"I do hope this device works. If it is, I never caught your name, bomber."

-OOC-

@BAM PM sent.
The Silent Watcher
The Silent Watcher
Artificial Intelligence

Back to top Go down

Post  BAM Blind And Mad Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:30 pm

As the two of you begin to leave the drones give chase firing all the while the twelve in the front are now joined by the other 36 who had been burning the forest. They gave up with the lasers and machine guns after a few more seconds and decided to start lobbing you with grenades that had a sticky green coating on them about ten at a time in huge packs so that at any given time there could be up to two hundred gernades in the air as the bomber split off the drones continued to give chase

"You can't remember? wow you really must be dumb. though admittedly that happens to me a fair bit my name is... hmm... can't remember". "Its Mary!!! you idiot" Nibel shouts over top of her. "thats right, I remember. And you said Nimue right?" Mary sys stupidly. "What!?! she said she couldn't remember. where the hell di you pull that name out of? your ass. Though it does kinda fit... what do you think?" Nibel asks the women

OOC:

@TSW: was that kinda what you where thinking for me to prresent the name? also I answered your PM.

@Touch of Ruin: Didn't put anything for your character yet because I am not introducing any NPCs to you yet and nothing really exciting is going to happen in the next turn(until I post next).

@Anyone in the first situation(TSW, Black): I throw a enemy at you and you run away? really, really. but you destroy a peaceful town have you all gone in for a head examination lately!?!
BAM Blind And Mad
BAM Blind And Mad
Head Technician

Back to top Go down

Post  The Silent Watcher Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:49 pm

I looked behind me, and spotted the drones chasing me.

"Damn, they're faster than I thought. Not sure why they're trying to hit me with those strange grenades in midair, but..."

I pulled out my revolver mid-flight, and fired all five shots behind me. I knew I only loaded a single antimatter round in, which I had fired earlier, and these would hardly hurt me.

The first bullet was the same bullet I had aimed at the bomber earlier, a circle with a dot in it - Gold. It struck the lead drone, and exploded violently in a brilliant golden flash, raining shrapnel everywhere. The drone itself, however, seemed to be intact - but it had been transmuted to solid gold, falling to the earth.

The second bullet was marked with what appeared to be simple pair of perpendicular lines, with a solid circle in the upper right - Sulfur. Upon impact, it reacted in a similar way to the first bullet, except instead of a golden flash, it was a rather large fireball. The drone did not survive.

The third bullet was apparently a stylized letter h - Lead. This one simply struck the drone, went clean through, and hit the one behind it. Both were shot down.

The fourth bullet was a simple 180 degree arc - Phosphorus. The impact caused a flash of light of such high intensity that it damaged my eyesight for a moment - nowhere near as badly as the antimatter detonation, but it completely shorted out the drone's sensors, causing it to crash into another, destroying both.

The final bullet possessed a symbol as a combination of gold, and a symbol representing the moon - Platinum. The projectile caused an implosion, sucking in four of the drones, before exploding with the same violent flash as the gold bullet. All of the drones following me were destroyed.

"This weapon...its' ammunition is indeed powerful..." I continued on my journey to the town, fully aware that they probably saw the light show.

-POV: Nimue-

"...Nimue? I like it!" I had a name now! I was happy enough that I just jumped right back into the water for a moment, just swimming around, coming to the surface shortly thereafter.

I then realized they were still there.

"...Sorry..."

-OOC-

Coming up with effects for these bullets on the spot is annoying.

And my character left because he didn't really see a method of getting out of that particular situation while fighting. And he didn't want to use an antimatter round, and no he didn't know what the bullets did.
The Silent Watcher
The Silent Watcher
Artificial Intelligence

Back to top Go down

Post  Touch of Ruin Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:15 pm

I am traveling through the trees looking for food when I hear yelling.
Pricking my ears up I locate the source of the sound and make a decision.

"Im going to find out who that is."

I start running through the trees and eventually get to the tree line around the lake. Looking towards the shore
I see three figures. Two women, and a man. I quickly delve into each of their minds and realize a few things. The first girl, Marry, is a twittering moron. The second girl, Nimue is a strong willed woman but seems confused. And the man, Nibel. He smells like danger. Not threatening, no. Dangerous because i cant get a read on him. Still, they all seem like they could be a threat. So approaching them with force seems to be in order. I spot a rock a few meters away and telekinetically launch it towards them while at the same time sending a psychic wave at them to disorient the three. Then I grab my bow staff, hook my trench knives on either end, and launch myself out of the tree and land catlike with the staff pointed towards them.

"Who are you and why are you in my forest."

OOC: not sure it this is needed but if you (BAM) want me to explain how my char figured out her powers id be happy to write a flashback.

[i]
Touch of Ruin
Touch of Ruin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Silent Watcher Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:29 pm

Out of nowhere, I saw a rock fly out towards me. I immediately jumped back into the water, but suddenly felt extremely dizzy and disoriented. I heard a voice, asking who I was and why I was here, in this forest.

When I recovered, I popped my head out of the water, and saw a woman with silver hair and pointed ears. She was obviously the one who attacked us, considering the weapons.

"...I'm Nimue...why did you attack us?" For the third time in my memory, I was afraid. This time, however, it wasn't because of darkness.
The Silent Watcher
The Silent Watcher
Artificial Intelligence

Back to top Go down

Post  Touch of Ruin Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:43 pm

"I attacked you because you are in my forest. And I want to know why. Also he is a threat."

I gestured to Nibel with my staff.

"Why are you here."
Touch of Ruin
Touch of Ruin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Silent Watcher Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:46 pm

"...I...just woke up here...in this lake..." I spoke truly, of course. Why would I lie? But how would Nibel be a threat?

I looked at him.

"Nibel doesn't seem very...threatening..."
The Silent Watcher
The Silent Watcher
Artificial Intelligence

Back to top Go down

Post  Touch of Ruin Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:12 am

I look at Nimue and delve into her mind to see that she is telling the truth and lower my weapon.

"I apologize Nimue. I am in the same situation and am wary of others. But I would like some company I think. May I join you?"
Touch of Ruin
Touch of Ruin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Silent Watcher Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:14 am

"...Sure, the water's clean..." I would, of course, still be cautious around her - she did try and attack us, but if she lacks memories like me...

-OOC-

Okay I'm seriously considering stopping this first-person writing it's a pain in the ass
The Silent Watcher
The Silent Watcher
Artificial Intelligence

Back to top Go down

Post  Touch of Ruin Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:44 pm

Looking into Nimues mind, I see the doubt shes feeling about letting me stay.

"Im sorry I attacked you. I don't like strangers and thought it was best to take caution around you. I promise I mean you no harm, nor did I before."
Touch of Ruin
Touch of Ruin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum