Roll to Dodge - Altered
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RtD: Lost

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

RtD: Lost - Page 2 Empty Re: RtD: Lost

Post  The Dark King Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:43 pm

Try to make conversation with the man. If he responds, politely ask him who he is and what this place truly is.
The Dark King
The Dark King
Creative Director

Back to top Go down

Post  The Silent Watcher Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:33 pm

Try placing "useless metal" in bell-shaped part of gun. Point away from everyone. Fire.
The Silent Watcher
The Silent Watcher
Artificial Intelligence

https://rtdaltered.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  BAM Blind And Mad Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:16 pm

because I am really getting board on this s@#$ hole of a island I will

try to get everyone
into the raft and take off for the unknown
BAM Blind And Mad
BAM Blind And Mad
Head Technician

http://www.rolltododge.net78.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Megaprr Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:14 pm

TDK: You call out to the man, but he does not appear to respond. Just as the man is about to leave your sight and disappear into the mist, he says to you in a rich deep voice, "Pangea: The colliding point of every existence ever imagined. Magnificent isn't it? You are the first ones privileged to see it. Every single ripple of light leads to a universe completely different. The only one that's missing is your own universe. I took your own memories because I didn't want you leaving quite yet.... See, Pangea allows access to any universe imagined. But you can't imagine home if you don't remember it now can you? so, in order to go home, your memory will need a little bit of jogging. Every time you finish a task, I will return a little bit. and when I'm satisfied with your payment, I will release you. If you choose to go home that is.
As for who I am? I have many names. Truth... Reality... All... God... One... these among others are all names given to me by others. For now, you may call me the White Gentleman. Just remember, All is my domain, and there is nothing I cannot see."

With that, the man disappears into the mist. A few moments later, you hear BAM calling you, urging that you help him leave the island. You decide it's for the best if you want to find the table and possibly the strange man.

TSW: you manage to fit a few chunks of metal into the barrel, and when you fire, they go flying randomly in that direction. It seems very innacurate, and not too effective, but it might work in a tricky situation.
You hear BAM calling you after firing the gun. He appears to be wanting to move off of the island. Even though you are wary of him since he tried to hurt you, he does not appear hostile right now, and you cautiously move towards the raft.

BAM: you call out to TDK and TSW. they seem to take notice of you and begin climbing towards the raft. you're not quite sure how you'll convince TSW after you tried to knock him out, but you decide to leave that problem for later.
Megaprr
Megaprr

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dark King Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:35 pm

Okay Megaprr, no more Fullmetal Alchemist for you.

Try to think of what my home is while trying to get to BAM.
The Dark King
The Dark King
Creative Director

Back to top Go down

Post  Megaprr Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:53 pm

well, that wasn't my intention man...... this guy has noooooooothing to do with that. it's just a coincidence. I can't state why at the moment. cause that would spoil the surprise. but trust me, this guy is nothing like father. the only similarities are the names. and the fact that he dresses in white. but even that is stretching it. cause this guy wears more modern clothing.
Megaprr
Megaprr

Back to top Go down

Post  Megaprr Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:32 pm

as far as similarities go. that's pretty much it.
Megaprr
Megaprr

Back to top Go down

Post  BAM Blind And Mad Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:05 pm

so because I want you guys if you want I mean to be able to continue the game through the summer since I will have limited access I probably will only be on like once or twice in the next like 7-8 weeks soooo...
Once everyones aboard the raft attempt to flip it over
BAM Blind And Mad
BAM Blind And Mad
Head Technician

Back to top Go down

Post  Megaprr Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:08 am

ok ummmm..... i want to keep this going......... could a certain someone please post their actions????
Megaprr
Megaprr

Back to top Go down

Post  The Silent Watcher Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:04 am

Stop BAM from flipping raft.

Sorry. Thought I posted already.
The Silent Watcher
The Silent Watcher
Artificial Intelligence

Back to top Go down

Post  Megaprr Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:35 pm

@tsw, for future reference, try not to use the turn system as a means to find out what another player's intentions are, even though the character hasn't actually done anything yet. that's called meta-roll. it's illegal in most RPG's. but this reminds me, how are we going to deal with things such as reaction rolls and other such things. something that isn't a full turn, but is something that you could potentially do an action in.

anyways....

TDK: You try to remember where you came from, but it is impossible. It's almost like trying to climb a cliff face that is smooth and has no edges or grooves. You can't remember anything. The only things that seem to come naturally are speech and other basic things. everything else is gone. you barely even have a personality.

BAM: You wait patiently for everyone to get on the raft, and finally, after everyone is on, you attempt to turn it over. As you turn it however, TSW realizes your intentions and pushes you away from the edge. in your struggle, the raft is pushed outwards and you manage to flip it. however. you are far from the islands to your side, and you begin to fall.

TSW: You make it to the raft, and carefully watch BAM for any menacing movement that he might do. after your experience with his attack, you don't feel too comfortable with him on board. almost in response to your watch, BAM attempts to flip the raft. before he manages to do so, you push him away from the edge and try to prevent any further attempts. your efforts are in vain, and the raft is capsized.

Aftermath:
You all fall down into the mysterious sea of air and fall quite the distance. as you all decend, you see numerous islands fly past you, until finally you see one underneath. moving towards it at such great speeds, you can't quite see what it's like. but you notice some strange glowing marks on it. you don't believe you will survive the fall because of the height. but by a strange coincidence, as you fall through the roof of a tower on the island, you all collide with one of the strange ripples.
much to your surprise, you keep falling, but everything else is gone. everything is pitch black. you can't see anything but a small bright hole beneath you. the hole keeps getting closer and closer until finally it comes before you. Suddenly, you are all blinded by a very bright light that shines above you somewhere. upon closer inspection, you realize that it was just the sun. and the extreme brightness was just an illusion caused by the switch between pitch black, and sunlight. once again, you find yourselves standing. it's an inexplicable switch between falling and standing. and you never even noticed it. the blackness you had come from is nowhere in sight.

you are all now standing on the edge of a beach. the sea calmly washes in and out. farther down the coastline which forms a nice curve, you see a small port town. a few sail ships are docked and you can hear the sound of seagulls and people. on you, you have all of your belongings, as well as two new things. one, is a grey pebble, and the other is a white crystal. on the pebble, you see inscribed a large, ornate capitol "P". the crystal is rather plain, but glows a warm feeling and a shallow light.

EDIT*
please excuse the terrible structure, i was tired, and tried to speed it up as much as possible.
Megaprr
Megaprr

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dark King Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:43 pm

First, BAM has been gone 2 weeks and no-one touched this topic since. I was thinking everyone forgot about it.

Second, walk towards the ships to investigate.
The Dark King
The Dark King
Creative Director

Back to top Go down

Post  BAM Blind And Mad Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:16 pm

Go to town/villiage and seek assistance from the people there
BAM Blind And Mad
BAM Blind And Mad
Head Technician

Back to top Go down

Post  The Silent Watcher Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:25 pm

Go to the tavern for rumors. Try and get new items identified.
The Silent Watcher
The Silent Watcher
Artificial Intelligence

Back to top Go down

Post  Megaprr Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:18 pm

Sorry about the difference in length..... I really didn't feel like splitting the explanation into three pieces.

TDK:
You arrive at the docks and find general fishermen and sailors scurrying about their business, a few give confused looks when they see your clothes or your faces. A man in a stand calls out to the townsfolk in attempts to get them to buy his goods. the streets have lots of people on them, and they all seem carry stressed expressions. You wonder if there might be something happening that has them all on edge.

BAM:
Along with TDK and TSW, you arrive at the town and start asking the people on the street for assistance. Most ignore you, though a few stop and tell you to go ask the town physician if you have need for some assistance. You notice a building that looks like a training ground for soldiers. on the front door of the building there is a sign that says "First, Second, and Third tier Birth-rights only."

TSW: You enter the Tavern and find something curious about the people there. Most of them are drinking, but a few are drunk and getting into fights or arm wrestles. The curious part about it is not the fact that they're fighting, but the fact that they're doing so with strange supernatural powers. one of the men appears to be using giant quills grown on his body to fight, while another is attempting to bite him with a huge inhuman jaw that contained large fangs and teeth. You quickly realize that it's dangerous to be around them, but your curiosity is pricking you, so you go and ask the bartender about them.
As you ask him about their supernatural abilities, he looks strangely at you and says like it's the most obvious thing,
"Where are you from friend? do people not have birth-rights there?
He notices your confused expression and proceeds to explain.

"Well, I see you're a little lost here. I'll give you the quick version. People here are born with a crystal on their forehead. around a year after, the child undergoes a rite of passage. the crystal falls off, and it's energy gives the child an ability. some people think that the child chooses their ability, but because they're so young, they don't know how to choose. Parents who live in gangs expose their children constantly to something that they want the child to have. but the more powerful the ability, the more dangerous the exposure is. as for those two, I'll take my guess the jaw guy saw or imagined something to do with big jaws. as for the other, I believe he came from a family that bred porcupines."

He pauses to clean a mug, "anyways, it's not always something that they were exposed to. if the child imagines something more, their ability could be stranger. There's also rare birth-rights that embody specific things. And rumor has it, that from time to time, someone gets a birthright that embodies a primordial element. They're very rare though. I've never seen one or heard of any near here."

After listening to him, you decide to withhold telling him of your crystal. He didn't mention anyone having one at adulthood. You then ask him about the stone with the "p" on it. He seems confused and tells you he has no idea what that could be.
Megaprr
Megaprr

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dark King Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:56 pm

Carefully observing the people around me, as well as the area, I wander into the market area. I look for unusual goods and rare items at the vendors' stalls.
The Dark King
The Dark King
Creative Director

Back to top Go down

Post  BAM Blind And Mad Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:17 pm

I carefully observe the building thinking to myself that it is quite a strange name
Observe the building and take a few steps toward it and observe some more
BAM Blind And Mad
BAM Blind And Mad
Head Technician

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: