Roll to Dodge - Altered
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Experimental Ideas

3 posters

Go down

Experimental Ideas Empty Experimental Ideas

Post  Megaprr Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:58 pm

This topic is basically a place where if you have an idea that could make a cool roll to dodge or other RPG game, you can test it out.
---------------------------------------------------

I have an interesting one. It involves leaving the other players in the dark about your character. they know nothing of your powers or personality or history. so you have to figure it out by yourself. I might resurrect RTD: Lost using a system like this if it works out. to test it.

to start, I would like at least 3 people, me included if necessary, to think of a character. Then, I would like all of you to send me a PM featuring this character's name, history, powers, and other facts about them that you would like me to know. do NOT post any details on the character here. this is just for easy communication. so, once this is done, I want you guys to let me know below, cause I don't get notifications in my PM's. so just say "sent you the turn, or post, or whatever". for limits, be reasonable, you can have power spikes if you want, but the more powerful it is, the rarer it has to be. TDK, you watch bleach I think. a good example of such a "power spike" would be Ichigo's hollow form.
don't do anything too ridiculous, as in, be reasonable.

Let's try it out!

EDIT: for turns, You have the option to PM me the turn instead of letting it be known in the public. that gives you the option to be much more devious and sneaky with your moves. It'll be interesting to see how this turns out.
Megaprr
Megaprr

Back to top Go down

Experimental Ideas Empty Re: Experimental Ideas

Post  The Dark King Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:35 pm

I see no possible way for this to end in everyone satisfied. This sounds like an enormous troll-fest to me. Count me in!
The Dark King
The Dark King
Creative Director

Back to top Go down

Post  Megaprr Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:36 pm

Well, that's why it's experimental. The whole point is to see what works, what doesn't, and see if there is any way to make what doesn't work, work.

anyways, let me know when you have a character ready.
Megaprr
Megaprr

Back to top Go down

Post  BAM Blind And Mad Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:40 pm

okay, first would you guys mind if I put this in the Roll To Dodge forum/topic thing in Forum Games and Roleplaying?

second, I am in but I havn't come up with a character yet so probably get it together by like sat or sun
BAM Blind And Mad
BAM Blind And Mad
Head Technician

http://www.rolltododge.net78.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Megaprr Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:18 am

well, I actually thought about whether or not I should put this in the roll to dodge section, but I decided against it cause this may not just be used for this. this is an experimental topic that isn't reserved to this specific activity.
Megaprr
Megaprr

Back to top Go down

Post  Megaprr Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:21 pm

Okay. I have thought a little more about this, and have decided on how the system will work. (It may be subject to change). The game will work like this:

For now, I will give whoever is interested (Let me know below) a character, with already pre-designed abilities, story, etc. (I created them to save time, and to bring variety. I will try to match them to you guys as best as possible)

When you put your turn up, I want you guys to do two things. You will create two copies. One will be the one you send to me, and the other will be the one you post here. The difference is that in the one you send to me, you will have more things than in the one you post here. And the reason for that is because it will contain your hidden actions.

When you're finished writing your turn, do not post it. Copy it, delete your hidden actions, and then post it. then, take the copy you made, and PM it to me. Whenever you post a turn here, I will check my PM's to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Remember, Hidden actions are not mandatory. You do not need to use them if you don't want to or need to.

In order to conceal wether or not you posted a hidden move, in your turn I will write down [hidden action succeeded] or [Hidden action failed]. If you do not have one, I will randomly choose one as to not give away the fact that you did or did not have one.

Italics will be for Hidden actions. only I will see them.
Regular will be for Flavour text.
Bold will be for actions.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Example:

[prestory] You're being paid to kill the CEO of a company, you get paid double if there are no witnesses.

You walk into the building and realize that you're not alone. There is a man in the room, standing the corner. He hasn't seen you yet.

This is what you guys would see:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Realizing that I'm being watched I decide to keep my cool and head over to him smiling.
"Hi how are you doing, I'm Mike. Could you tell me where Mr.Stephenson's office is?"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what the GM would see:
I take out my gun, cock it, and hide it just out of sight from him, I also go to one of the columns in the building and set a charge out of sight from the cameras and the man.
Realizing that I'm being watched I decide to keep my cool and head over to him smiling.
"Hi how are you doing, I'm Mike. Could you tell me where Mr.Stephenson's office is?"
No roll

End of turn.

Results:
No roll
Action(s): None
Hidden action(s): Successful

...a few turns later...

He is kneeling before me, his briefcase opened and it's contents scattered all over the floor. The security guy I just shot falls to the ground dead. Then I aim my gun at him, I look at him straight in the eye and say to him, "It's really nothing personal, just another job."
I can see the fear in his eyes.
and then, in that next moment, I fire, and he falls to the floor, dead.
I walk out of the building as if nothing happened, walk down the street until I'm at least a block away, and then I take out a detonator from my pocket.
With the single push of a button, screams fill the summer air.
With my hat covering my eyes, I blend into the crowd, and disappear into the streets of the city.
No roll

Results:
No roll
Action(s): None
Hidden action(s): Half-Failed Check PM for further details.

For this ending bit, no hidden action was necessary, so there was only one copy. also, there was no hidden action. and the results were purely to hide that.

Expect characters soon.

Megaprr
Megaprr

Back to top Go down

Post  Megaprr Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:22 pm

It's kinda hard to make characters unique.... so I need ideas. If you want to try this, use a single sentence or random words to describe your character.

Example:
Holy, Evil, Dual swords, Shadow magic.

or

A man bound by hate to the point of worship.
Megaprr
Megaprr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum