Roll to Dodge - Altered
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Individual Prologues

5 posters

Go down

Individual Prologues Empty Individual Prologues

Post  The Silent Watcher Thu May 10, 2012 3:13 pm

We agreed to type up our own prologues.

You can post them here.
The Silent Watcher
The Silent Watcher
Artificial Intelligence

https://rtdaltered.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Individual Prologues Empty First Draft

Post  The Silent Watcher Thu May 10, 2012 3:41 pm

There were two hundred seventeen people onboard the ECT Tornado, yet only one remained awake. The endless void of space, coupled with an eighty hour long trip, provided little comfort for this one man. In the meantime, however, the Steel Wanderer, Dwiin Rovaan, would work in silence, his cabin lit only by his terminal. Remaining awake for fifty six hours was of little concern to him. He had, of course, been to Arcana before, but that wasn't his final destination. He merely needed to pick up a mage of some accomplishment, and leave to his true destination: The Tartarus Desert.

Many believed the planet to be cursed, what with the total lack of water and lethal sandstorms. Dwiin Rovaan, however, was no fool, and understood that Tartarus possessed some level of magic. The very thing he plans to study is proof of that; a vast rift in space-time, seemingly leading to another realm. The sole reason it is of interest to him is its' connection to the enigmatic Timeless, as evidence shows that They knew of it.

The Steel Wanderer was the one to discover it, after all. The first pieces of evidence came from his expeditions into the depths of Enigma. A piece of data here, a symbol there, all things pointing to a mysterious power in the Tartarus Desert. This was to be the first expedition to the volcanic areas of the planet, as all communications would cut out near the estimated location of the Rift, for reasons unknown.

An hour passed, and Dwiin Rovaan finished all preparations and research for the expedition. Of note was his contact, one Lahvu Do Gein, Army of One. A particularily powerful mage, and a skilled swordsman. His abilities in combat were impressive, though the Steel Wanderer would never admit it, being distrustful of mages after an attack by the Arcana Extremists. However, Lahvo Do Gein's usefulness lies not in skill, but in intelligence, surpassing Dwiin Rovaan by some degree. In the event of betrayal, the Steel Wanderer was certain that the mage wasn't immune to his metal arm. Not that it matters.

What does matter, however, is that this expedition would change the worlds, as the players fall into place, guided by the Timeless themselves....
The Silent Watcher
The Silent Watcher
Artificial Intelligence

Back to top Go down

Individual Prologues Empty Re: Individual Prologues

Post  The Dark King Thu May 10, 2012 5:49 pm

Time. What is it truly? A construct to measure the intangible? A fascination with progression? A way compare fine drinks and ancient relics? No. Nothing so mundane as that. Never as mundane as that.

Space. Where does it end? Why would it end? How could it end? What lies beyond even the beyond? And what makes us so fascinated with it anyways? We know so little about our own world, yet we seek to explore others.

As Army of One stood on the plains, waiting for his ride, these such thoughts went through his head. He sighed, and shifted from foot to foot in his boredom. Growing bored, he decided to count blades of grass that he was standing on. After counting 539, he got bored again and was satisfied to stand in silence.

Standing beside him was his friend Staadnau Sivaas. They had originally been enemies, but became friends after a mission. Brom thought of how nice it was that he had a friend that would come with him on his mission.

His thoughts then turned to the task at hand, and he frowned. The Arcana government had asked him to investigate an anomaly on Tartarus, and he had agreed. They had given him little to no information about the actual job, just that he should "be prepared".

Not knowing what lay ahead, he sighed and tried to relax. Whatever came, he thought, nothing will ever be the same.

And he was right.

Last edited by The Dark King on Thu May 10, 2012 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Dark King
The Dark King
Creative Director

Back to top Go down

Post  BAM Blind And Mad Thu May 10, 2012 5:54 pm

Staadnau Sivaas (Unbound Beast)

Why had he, Staadnau Sivaas, decided to have had those 10 drinks last night. Well, whatever had made him do it then was now gone and he was paying big time. And to add to the matter, his long friend Army of One had woken him up after a mere hour of sleep, and worst of all, he wasn't even at home with his dog, but on this political s@#% hole of a planet named Arcana. What was the purpose of this "voyage" that Army of One wanted me to go on.?

(remembering) It had been a chilly day at what was known as "The Shooters Retreat" on Naturala. It got this name from all the retired and fired mercinaries coming to live here and not giving up the good company of the gun. This place had been cleared of almost all animals by now as you would expect, but there was at least one left his name was Dog, and he was barking again, towards the tree Staadnau Sivaas had cut down the previous day. What is that d@#% dog barking at this time? I told him yesterday that the tree was dying, so I put it out of its misery, so what in the f@#$ is Dog barking at this time? Staadnau Sivaas got up from a chair on which he had been sitting in and crossed to the doorway, which he peered out, hand stretched, ready to bring up the sniper riffle which he always possessed up against the door frame, then he realized the dog was not barking at the tree stump, but at a person coming up the hill towards his house. A recognizable face, one of the only who knew where he lived. A welcome face. It was the face of a man named Lahvu Do Gein, but known by most as Brom. But why was he here? Typically when they met it was on the planet of Arcana. Whenever Brom could fit in as far as here, he was a very busy man. Which is why this visit made no sense. It was almost noon here, and with the hundred and twenty hour trip that means he would have had to leave Arcana at perhaps at the same time only 5 days earlier, but there again where did he find all that time? Wasn't there something better he could be doing? But then again, he did know the government, the "High Ups" and had gotten me out of trouble with the goverment more than once so consequently he may have "pulled some strings" so to speak and gotten here sooner, but even with the specialty transport, it would be at least a three day trip and that still comes back to the question why was he here now? Brom finally reached the dog and petted him a few times. As the dog began to calm, I stepped out and greeted him "Brom, what are you doing here?" I questioned "You wouldn't believe me if I told you. Up for a trip?"

And that brings me to why I'm here, waiting for that g*&^#*& transport to head into the middle of god-knows-where to search for some magic..... thing that was causing trouble. F*&$ this was going to be a long trip.

As these thoughts passed though my mind I noticed a curious thing it look to me like Brom was counting grass and slowly pulling it out and killing it but not in any sort of pattern no of course not that was far to easy it wasn't even semetrical was he doing this to just... is that a... oh forget it I am just going to sit here and complain about my lack of sleep. Stupid Brom waking me up so d@#$ early!

Edit: Edited the post, as well as finished it. Smile -TDK-
Edit: Finished it Very Happy -BAM-

Last edited by BAM Blind And Mad on Fri May 11, 2012 5:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
BAM Blind And Mad
BAM Blind And Mad
Head Technician

http://www.rolltododge.net78.net

Back to top Go down

Post  The Silent Watcher Fri May 11, 2012 3:53 pm

Topic moved.
The Silent Watcher
The Silent Watcher
Artificial Intelligence

Back to top Go down

Post  Megaprr Sat May 12, 2012 12:03 am

It is very interesting to note that "truth" is not one thing, but many. Truth is cruel in it's own way. It is merciless, and can cause pain like no other. These thoughts are what has plagued Endless Wanderer's mind since he became what he was. Deep within the labyrinth that was his life, the truth pressed on. No matter how much he struggled and fought.

He was a monster. It's as simple as that. Nothing he could ever do could atone for his sins. And there was also nothing he could do to stop himself from committing those same sins again, and again. For the beast known as Ice Soul slumbers deep in his mind. Waiting, preying for the one moment when it can claim freedom and dominance once again. The truth is cruel. It tells no lies. Which is why the only way to escape it, is to change truth itself. It would be no easy task. Such a feat had only been done a few times in history. But Endless Wanderer knew that it was possible.

So he searches on, looking for clues while stowed away on a ship. All in hopes that one day, his dream shall be fulfilled.
A true nomad; a true Endless Wanderer

Megaprr
Megaprr

Back to top Go down

Post  VokunKreh Sat May 12, 2012 4:46 pm

I hate sand.
I get how that might seem ironic, seeing as I kind of dug my own grave there by fleeing into a giant desert planet, but still. Sand is terrible.
It's not even the storms that bother me, it's just the constant oneness of everything. Always the exact same terrain, no matter how far I travel.
The only plus side is that there are shadows everywhere.
As I trudge on towards the next "town" my memory takes me back to that fateful last week on my beautiful home planet. I remember the headmaster beaming with pride as he showed me his ultimate spell book, the university's most prized possession. I remember the need, the sudden and manic urge to own it. I needed that book.
By the time he woke up, I was long gone from there.
I really hate sand.
VokunKreh
VokunKreh
RtD Player

Back to top Go down

Post  BAM Blind And Mad Tue May 29, 2012 5:15 pm

just putting this out there but I think we can agree that the rest arn't exactly necessary seeing as well all 2 or 3 of them are on the sand planet place(to lazy to spell right) and since were going there anyways...

so you think we can start?
BAM Blind And Mad
BAM Blind And Mad
Head Technician

http://www.rolltododge.net78.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum